Negative calorie issue

Options
ch3cth4vvkrh.png
Why is it subratracting so much? Yes subtracting 350!

Replies

• nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Maybe your phone is tripling your calories burned just like its tripling your same thread.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Is there a workout entered in your diary? I know this says it includes 0 from exercise on mfp, but I recently had a similar fluke with my Garmin where on this calculation page, it wasn’t including the workout entry (which did not exist in my diary).
  • cainwaning
    cainwaning Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same with mine. I have my fitness level set at sedentary and I have about 4000 steps today. It subtracted 648 calories.
  • jwoolman5
    jwoolman5 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Check whatever is feeding the info to MFP. I had the opposite problem - no MFP adjustment even for 6000 steps. Turned out my linked Misfit thought I weighed 40 lbs or less... There may have been other oddities, so I just reset all the info. Then the "calories" indicator on the Misfit came up to reasonable levels. Maybe that's the BMR? Never paid attention to it before. It gets added to throughout the day.

Then the expected adjustments from basic sedentary sloth on MFP were made correctly, matching my other food tracker's calorie budgets, as my steps for the day increased. So in my case, something was being reported incorrectly from the linked device.