1,500 a day??

Options
Hey everyone, I’m 5 ft and weigh 112 pounds. I don’t want to gain any weight. How does anyone do 1500 a day and not starve? Also I’m vegetarian, going vegans

Replies

• jenniferperez6612
    Options
    Also, I’m not trying to lose weight either. I normally eat about 1,800 a day
  • PrismaticPhoenix
    PrismaticPhoenix Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Do you need to be eating 1500 to maintain? Are you gaining weight when you eat 1,800?

Anyway, my answer to that question is to look at what you are eating and "Try different recipes" and "Look to see what within the recipe you can substitute and/or cut back on." Eat things that you like, but also choose mindfully. That's going to mean flipping through recipes to see what is in them and how many calories they are and how big the servings are. And then try them out and see how they make you feel; do you get hungry really quicky after eating them? Are they low enough calorie that you can eat again? If not, then that was a no go. Be mindful of the amount of protein (a mistake I made) because protein will help keep you full.
  • Atiqurraheman
    Atiqurraheman Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    well, if you are counting them correctly which includes all macro and micro nutrients than i would say you also need to focus on macros. How much carbohydrates are in there compare to protein and Fat which you need to balance out to maintain your weight. however i personally think by staying below maintenance calories, you will definitely going to lose some weight but after staying on this same calories the rate of loosing weight is going to slow down.

The same has happened with me as i was consuming 1800 (c-150,P-180,F-55) daily, i lost significant amount of body fat percentage and gained some muscle even in low calories but my body has adapted the same and stopped giving me results (maintaining mode).