Starting Over........ Again.

Options
I have seriously gained 30-40 pounds in the last 6 months & I am no longer comfortable in this body. I want to be healthy and confident again! I keep falling off the wagon, and I'm thinking that maybe if I have some community around me doing the same thing, it might help encourage me. Anybody?

Replies

• Chocolate_is_my_Kryptonite
    Options
    Sending you a FR. :)
  • Gia6280
    Gia6280 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Sending you a friend request
  • jeslz
    jeslz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yep, I’m in the same boat. Except this time I’ve taken the big leap and had surgery. I’m now two months post op and about to get seriously started with exercise. Sent you a friend request!
  • ursulapas
    ursulapas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! Regained the 80 pounds I lost. Sent a pm
  • SueBarry1
    SueBarry1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    have gained and lost the same 40lbs way to many times. we can do this together.
  • SoulThriver88
    SoulThriver88 Posts: 27 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    ursulapas wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat! Regained the 80 pounds I lost. Sent a pm

I think I gained more than I lost previously... feel like kicking myself. But I believe my soul is trying to tell me something... weight gain is deeper than skin deep... it is an opportunity or some spiritual challenge to want to self-transform.
  • SoulThriver88
    Options
    holapepi wrote: »
    Im beginning again trying to lose at least 20 pounds. But my difficulty is that my scheduled at work change every week so I can't have a steady rhythm of healthy food and exercise. 😫 Who's with me?

I try to squeeze in 30 min of exercise any time during the day... if I cannot go to the gym, heavy dance routine at home or at least 30 min jogging in the neighbourhood around the block.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    guapa68 wrote: »
    I get a bit sad reading this ... as I too am in the same boat . I don’t understand why that amazing feeling we get when we lose weight and get fitter does not override that craving to over eat or eat what we know is not good for us 😢

Because it is a biological drive to regain lost weight.....
  • SoulThriver88
    edited December 2019
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    I get a bit sad reading this ... as I too am in the same boat . I don’t understand why that amazing feeling we get when we lose weight and get fitter does not override that craving to over eat or eat what we know is not good for us 😢

What if at times the emotional drive behind weight gain is stronger than the biological drive to be healthy... mmm.. all about balance... body & mind.. it is funny what the mind may subject the body to.. until the body screams for the mind to pay attention.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options

What if at times the emotional drive behind weight gain is stronger than the biological drive to be healthy... mmm.. all about balance... body & mind.. it is funny what the mind may subject the body to.. until the body screams for the mind to pay attention.

huh? Lost me. there can also be emotional issues as well. our environment makes it difficult too. Yes, the biological drive to regain is in the "brain". Maybe not the same way you look at it...... ;)
  • SoulThriver88
    Options

huh? Lost me. there can also be emotional issues as well. our environment makes it difficult too. Yes, the biological drive to regain is in the "brain". Maybe not the same way you look at it...... ;)

Yes the brain is always asking for what it is doing anything or WHY IT LOST WEIGHT... for what? 😁😁
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    IMO eating fulfills our happiness hormones. We need to find alternatives for that to replace over eating or eating the wrong foods too often. Eating anything loaded with peanut butter and chocolate makes me much happier than stuffing my face with raw carrots. :( Until my body shows the signs again.
    I think the majority of us go into this lifestyle already feeling deprived, that we're giving up all the fun tasty stuff and our lives will be filled with nothing but resentment, feeling left out, healthy green stuff, tormenting our muscles, and never indulging in those treats we like, again. And a lot of us feel the magic is in the losing; once we get to our dream weight we'll stay there and be fine.
    But in truth, it all takes much effort, work, dedication and determination, along with adding lots of self discovery, fun, indulging(doesn't have to be food oriented), creating habits that we enjoy enough to break us out of our self-destructive molds we've created.

I've been there too. I've lost anywhere between 50-85 lbs. more than once in my life. I remember how great it feels to be down in weight, feel like I can breathe again, only to start right back in with all the old ways. Very disheartening and depressing. :( But the best thing we can do is keep getting back to it.

MFP is a major help with sticking to it. Good luck!!
  • holapepi
    holapepi Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    holapepi wrote: »
    Im beginning again trying to lose at least 20 pounds. But my difficulty is that my scheduled at work change every week so I can't have a steady rhythm of healthy food and exercise. 😫 Who's with me?

I try to squeeze in 30 min of exercise any time during the day... if I cannot go to the gym, heavy dance routine at home or at least 30 min jogging in the neighbourhood around the block.

I begin today 😁 I'm gonna tried to be consistent. Wish me luck.
  • dj4603mfp
    dj4603mfp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been on and off the diet wagon for the past few years. I am beginning to ask myself what is going on. I just can’t seem to find my groove and keep consistent. My schedule consumes me, but I wanna feel good again. Sending friend request.
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Oh my, I'm in the boat with you! I've lost 15 on MFP, just to gain it all back and then some. I've grown out of all my clothes and feel and look plump. So sad that I was on the right track... Sending you a friend request also. Let's lose it for the LAST time!
  • sunpatients777
    sunpatients777 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I lost 20 pounds and gained them back by eating chips and takeout most days. Taking it off will be hard work and hoping this is the last time I have to.
  • amioc
    amioc Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I’m exactly the same! So frustrated with myself. I go to the gym 6 days a week and lift weights but I don’t seem to get anywhere because of my eating habits. Can people please send me friend requests? I’m not sure how to do it 😂. Maybe it would help if we can all support each other?
  • ehloring1
    ehloring1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    For me, if I am not mindful of my eating- I am overeating. I need to keep track because it's the only way I can lose weight and maintain. And sometimes it just feels like a lot of work. Planning is key too. When I had lost the weight and kept it off for a few years- exercise and eating right became a focus in my life. Then I went through a depression and that gradually broke down until I lost all I had gained in my life and gained all the weight I had lost. Back to the beginning again. The three basics for me:
    Logging in my foods
    Moving more- exercise
    Community- talking about it
    That's what worked for me.