Sustainability ??

Options
I’m 5’3 and weigh around 59 kgs. I’ve lost 16 kgs (my initial goal) these past few months and now I’m wondering if I should try to lose even more weight or maintain it?

Initially, I wanted to reach 60 kgs and maintain. But now, since I’m at 59 anyway, I want to push to reach 52 kgs, simply for the aesthetic. I’m learning to love my body, and this is nothing mentally distressing.

So that brings me to my next question: should I deficit my calories even more?? For the past two months, I’ve been consistent with working out and eating healthy with some cheat meals - because in the long run, I know I won’t cut out junk food/sweets entirely. With that being said, I only lost around 3 kgs in this time of plateau.

So please, I would love to hear your opinions as to whether I should keep pushing. My body now, though it is healthier, still looks chubby. So my goal now is 55 kgs, and based on that, I might push a few more.

Replies

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Losing 6 lbs is not a plateau. I’m confused, are you still losing? Are you comfortable with how you are living? If it’s not broken, don’t fix it.

If you’re suggesting cutting calories because you think you’re going somewhere in a hurry, rethink. If you are currently riding a downward trend, regardless of how modest, keep riding and see where it takes you.

But whatever you do, be careful. Don’t take your success for granted. Lots of people regain, some regain+.
  • kbk1335
    kbk1335 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    88olds wrote: »
    Losing 6 lbs is not a plateau. I’m confused, are you still losing? Are you comfortable with how you are living? If it’s not broken, don’t fix it.

If you’re suggesting cutting calories because you think you’re going somewhere in a hurry, rethink. If you are currently riding a downward trend, regardless of how modest, keep riding and see where it takes you.

But whatever you do, be careful. Don’t take your success for granted. Lots of people regain, some regain+.

I personally considered it a plateau because I went from losing 1 kgs a week to 1 kg a month. It was super slow! I guess I’m trying to say that my body has become accustomed to my current diet. So should I shock it into a faster weight loss process with more deficit?
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    kbk1335 wrote: »
    88olds wrote: »

I personally considered it a plateau because I went from losing 1 kgs a week to 1 kg a month. It was super slow! I guess I’m trying to say that my body has become accustomed to my current diet. So should I shock it into a faster weight loss process with more deficit?

Not super slow at all at your low weight. You need to reset your expectations.

This^^. As you get closer to goal weight your rate of loss slows.
  • kbk1335
    kbk1335 Posts: 67 Member
    Options

Not super slow at all at your low weight. You need to reset your expectations.[/quote]

This^^. As you get closer to goal weight your rate of loss slows. [/quote]

Oh okay, never considered it like that, thanks!
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    kbk1335 wrote: »

No. Close to goal slow is better.

The airline would get you to your destination faster by crash landing at the gate. Soft landing is better.

It’s always a 2 part process. Are you losing? How are you living? If you are losing anything and satisfied with how you are living, change nothing. Time will be on your side if you let it.