Build Muscle

Options
Hi im 5ft 9inchs tall male 30 years old. Just a quick question if I Start building muscle in the gym will I get a leaner body with low body fat?my weight now is 101.7kgs

Replies

• steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    Getting to "low body fat" still entails losing fat but strength training while losing weight will help retain muscle during that process which most find results in being happier with their physique at their goal weight.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    sflano1783 wrote: »
    Hi im 5ft 9inchs tall male 30 years old. Just a quick question if I Start building muscle in the gym will I get a leaner body with low body fat?my weight now is 101.7kgs

If you want lower body fat you are going to need to eat at a deficit, as you probably 20 or KG to lose. You should lift weights while doing so, as it will help you maintain the muscle that you do have.
  • sflano1783
    sflano1783 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    imfornd wrote: »
    more muscle by definition will lower your body even if you never lose a pound of fat . its a ratio lean body mass to fat

Cool yeah I just need to get my diet sorted thats were I struggle with.
  • sflano1783
    Options
    MikePTY wrote: »

If you want lower body fat you are going to need to eat at a deficit, as you probably 20 or KG to lose. You should lift weights while doing so, as it will help you maintain the muscle that you do have.

I need to build muscle mass which building muscle helps me lose weight at the same time
  • MessyApron
    MessyApron Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    The short answer is yes; the long answer is that it should, as long as you’re also eating at a calorie deficit and getting an adequate amount of protein.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options

I need to build muscle mass which building muscle helps me lose weight at the same time

You lose weight from being in a calorie deficit. Having more muscle burns a tiny bit more calories but the main way to lose weight is to get your diet in order. You can't out exercise your diet.
  • sflano1783
    Options

You lose weight from being in a calorie deficit. Having more muscle burns a tiny bit more calories but the main way to lose weight is to get your diet in order. You can't out exercise your diet.

Yeah I struggle with diets I need an example of a meal plan for the gym to follow