Rough Patch

Options
Hey guys, I started counting my calories and doing the plans and stuff in this app 2 1/2 weeks ago and I’ve lost 9 pounds already 🙂 but these past couple of days have been pretty rough. A couple days ago I wasn’t feeling very well so I didn’t eat much and wasn’t drinking a lot of water and I kept “fainting”. I was still conscious but my ears and face were hot and there were black spots everywhere, everything was very loud and I couldn’t hold myself up or lift up my arms and I threw up. Ever since then my stomach has kind of been rejecting food and I’ve felt kind of nauseous but really hungry at the same time. I’ve been over eating a little bit since then and I’m just looking for tips I guess to help me get back on track. 🧡

Replies

• StudioMaid
    StudioMaid Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Start back slow and when your tummy is ready try starting with protein drinks. Protein will keep you from getting hungry too quick and will also help with weight loss.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,558 Member
    Options
    It seems like you might actually be sick, your body could use extra nutrients so you may want to eat at maintenance until you feel better. If you're just worn out dizzy it could be that your calories are too low or you need a healthier diet. I'd suspect being sick with all that's going around. Take good care of yourself, I hope you're feeling better soon! And congratulations on the weight loss!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    Nine pounds in two and a half weeks is very fast weight loss. It's common for the first week or so to have a water weight drop, especially if changes in eating include reduced carbs, so perhaps you're OK.

I agree with others that an actual illness is a very real possibility.

At the same time, I'd encourage you to consider whether you might be losing weight too fast, either by trying to do so, or by unknowingly having a statistically unusual (high) calorie burn for your demographics.

What's your current height and weight? What has your calorie goal been?

If you're on a intentional very low carb diet (or keto), have you adjusted your electrolyte intake?

I think you're doing the right thing, trying to eat a little more until you feel better, regardless of the reason for the symptoms. If they don't go away soon, see your doctor, or one of those quick clinic places (in the US). Though you didn't mention it: If you can't keep water down, go to a clinic immediately.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I'd treat it just as if you've got a stomach bug or something, ice chips(stay hydrated!)soup, popsicles, crackers, dry toast, for a day or 2 and see if that helps. Slowly build back up to eating more normally. How low on calories did you go? Don't try to lose more than 1-2 lbs. a week. As was mentioned, if you don't feel better, call the dr.

• paddydiver24
    paddydiver24 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Many small snacks of bananas, apples, rice, toast and water.
    Pedialyte helps as well
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Sounds like low blood pressure (dehydration will do that) and/or a stomach bug. As stated above, if you can't keep water down, go to the doctor ASAP. Otherwise, I'd work on hydrating and electrolytes, and eating as your tummy dictates.