Team Cut the Caboose (Closed Group)

Options
Hello my loves :) I just heard from gary and here's the 1st weeks exercises:

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
WEEK 1 – PYGMY SERIES
This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement!
Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.
WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #1 YOU ARE A PYGMY WARRIOR!
Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 30 Squat Kicks* and 50 Jumping Jacks
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )
Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup, tomato juice or bottles of water if u don’t have weights
Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches* + 20 Mountain Climbers
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )
Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks (Bicep Curls may be done with cans of soup or bottles of water if you don’t have any weights) + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) The video is a little long sorry.
Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 50 Crunches + 50 Toe Touches
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiDNLfNKBYA&playnext=1&list=PL41F287FEDA882B18 )
Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches + 2 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks
Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!
*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise! *********
Week One Weekly Team Challenge
Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.
*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.

I will be adding the more advanced exercise options tomorrow to our forum.. I think it would be cool to challenge ourselfs outside the gym to, As cap'n i cant set a good example if I cant do the same things and more all you lovely people are. Im determined to make this a smoke free september. What are everyone elses ideas?

Replies

• Lantern823
    Lantern823 Posts: 115
    Options
    I probably should have added, this starts thursday :) lets do this ladies
  • terrie98
    terrie98 Posts: 49
    Options
    I am suppppppperrrrr excited to start the September Challenge.

I know it will be hard to get in all that water for me...but I am going to commit to doing it!

I think my outside of the gym challenge is going to be trying to stay under my macros (carbs and sodium).
  • femmemusicale
    femmemusicale Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    This looks awesome! And a little terrifying - haha! This is my first challenge on MFP, so my big goal is to do it, stick with it, and love it! I also am pretty bad about water, so I'll have to push that hard. My outside-the-gym challenge is going to be that I have multiple trips in September, so I'll need to figure out ways to get the workouts in while on the road.

Thanks for leading us! WE CAN DO THIS!!!
  • MommyRobot
    MommyRobot Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Wooot! I'm excited!!

As you know, Miss Captain, I will be going on vacation visiting my father on his farm for a few days and to Atlantic City the following few days next week. I won't have access to the gym at the farm (the other days we will be in hotels, and I can get into the gyms there.) My dad does a SUPER serious heavy bag workout every day, so I'll be joining him for that (and trying to keep up.) Other than that I'll be getting some walking done on the farm. Oh, and trying to keep a 3 year old away from the wild chickens! Should keep me pretty active.
  • Lantern823
    Lantern823 Posts: 115
    Options
    Those goals sound wonderful ladies :) we can do this because were awesome!!

PS: i need starting weights to add to the spread sheets
  • Starleng1
    Starleng1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • MommyRobot
    MommyRobot Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    SW 229 blech
  • bethy0316
    Options
    :smokin: Okay ... I am totally ready for this ... and am gonna kick some *kitten*. Here we go.
  • Coliepie717
    Options
    Holy cow that looks scary, lol.....I want to join with u guys but Im having a hard time staying focused so Im not saying yes offically but I will log in try and keep up with it :-)
  • femmemusicale
    Options
    Hi all - I started a Google Calendar for the challenge, if anyone is interested in using it for themselves. You can layer it over your own calendar (if you use google/gmail already - click on the +Google logo in the bottom corner), or you can just access the html link to see the details. Click on the event to see the specifics and click on "More Details" to get the quick-click links to the videos.

If you have ideas for how to make it look nicer or more functional, just let me know. I put everything at noon because I use text alert reminders for my calendar events, and I don't want to get them at 6 AM or anything like that. But, if you think another time or format would be better, just shout!

Here's the web link: http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=umn.edu_kuud85mfuk1tuq4oh0p4dbdoe4@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Chicago

Here's the html version if you want to add it to your own blog or anything. <iframe src="https://www.google.com/calendar/b/0/embed?height=600&amp;wkst=2&amp;bgcolor=#ffff99&amp;src=umn.edu_kuud85mfuk1tuq4oh0p4dbdoe4@group.calendar.google.com&amp;color=#125A12&amp;ctz=America/Chicago&quot; style=" border:solid 1px #777 " width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
  • dbaumgarn
    dbaumgarn Posts: 111
    Options
    looking forward to getting started!!
  • dbaumgarn
    Options
    what are sets of 21's?
  • femmemusicale
    Options
    Hi dbaumgarn - I had the same question, so I looked it up online. Basically, it is bicep curls split up three ways: 7 lower half only curls (just come up to elbow height), then 7 upper half only curls (from the elbow up to shoulder), then 7 full motion curls. Here's a very clear video on YouTube: http://youtu.be/Fqu_rEnfbPU

I've never done them before, so if anyone else has better information (or if I am wrong!), let me know. Thanks!
  • Starleng1
    Starleng1 Posts: 142
    Options
    SW 149
  • dbaumgarn
    Options
    where do you want our measurements at and which ones?? sw starting weight? Ok that is 161.4
  • femmemusicale
    Options
    Also, since I haven't done a challenge before, how do we "log" our completion of the daily challenge? In our MFP diary? On this blog? Send the captain a message? Thanks!
  • Lantern823
    Options
    Also, since I haven't done a challenge before, how do we "log" our completion of the daily challenge? In our MFP diary? On this blog? Send the captain a message? Thanks!

Great Question!! Everyday im going to post the daily challenge. either private message me or post on the forum when you complete.. remember you also get points for each day you successfully log under your cal goal
  • Lantern823
    Options

Great Question!! Everyday im going to post the daily challenge. either private message me or post on the forum when you complete.. remember you also get points for each day you successfully log under your cal goal
  • dbaumgarn
    Options
    I will be out of town on business September 23rd through the 30th but I will do my best to get some exercise in-sorry team! Sorry team, been pretty good thus far and like the results I am seeing with my weight and measurements-this has been well worth it!! And a good jump start to my weight loss!
  • dbaumgarn
    Options
    Sorry so late. I was out of town from September 23rd - September 29th for business-I did get some exercise in but not my challenges. My progress for September lost 3.5 lbs-lost 4.5 inches on my waitst and 4 inches on my hips. I did meet all exercise and other goals for the month besides the dates I mentioned above.