What do you do to get ready for the holidays?

caco_ethes
caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
No matter what the holidays mean to you, there’s no getting around the fact that they are a busy and, for many, stressful/emotional time of year. Whether you LOVE the holidays or endure them, what are some things you do to get ready?

Replies

• thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Open a bottle of wine.
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    Being single has it perks. So not a whole lot. Just drive my brothers family place and eat their food lol
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    I'm kinda middle of the road, don't particularly love or hate Christmas. I kinda hate the decorating part of it, but listening to Christmas music and wrapping gifts makes me feel the most spirit. I tried to do an advent calendar with my son this year, but since he is only two it was more of a toy we played with than anything. Kids are the most fun to shop for and I don't have many kids in my life so I like to do a few angel tree kids for fun shopping, adult gifting feels like more of a chore to me :shrug:
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    try not to over think....
    hang w my mom nieces, kids...try not to sweat the small stuff and focus on what is most important!
  • ellie117
    ellie117 Posts: 293 Member
    This is weird but Jon Anderson, the lead singer of the band Yes, put out a Christmas album called 3 Ships in 1985, before I was born. It has been the primary music played while decorating for Christmas since I was a kid. Now that I'm grown, it's the only Christmas album/music I really enjoy. My husband doesn't get it, but I cannot get in the "Christmas spirit" without it.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    I like to go check out the ritzy neighborhood that's decked out with lots of lights & decorations. Last year I took a stroll around with my 64 oz thermos of spiked egg nog and the police got called out because apparently I was yelling "Ho-Ho-Ho" in an aggressive manner? Someone on the local Facebook group described it as a "stain in the otherwise illustrious history of our beloved town." :blushing: