140 pounds & I still have man boobs

Options
I’ve been trying so hard to drop weight to shed off these man boobs but they’re just not going away. I don’t want to drop anymore weight because I hit my goal & im getting closer to a low weight for my height.

I’ve been doing upper body exercises at home, on each off day for about 3 months & ive really saw no progress in changing.

I just feel defeated at this point. Any suggestions?

Replies

• MT1134
    MT1134 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »
    Lift weights. You've lost weight but not developed your muscular structure.

What do your workouts typically look like?
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    There was another post semi-recently about this same thing and evidently there are times where some men just have more breast tissue than others - could that be the case maybe? No amount of fat loss can take away actual breast tissue.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    It may also be hormonal....talk to your doctor.

https://coachmag.co.uk/exercises/4512/how-to-get-rid-of-moobs
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Well, if they are caused from just gaining weight like me, and not gynecomastia, you can slowly get rid of them or make them less noticeable through consistent weight training that involves bench presses, dumbbell flys, pushups etc....the only other way is through surgery.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    MT1134 wrote: »

I am following the P.H.U.L. program. It is a strength and hypertrophy, upper/ lower split.
  • MT1134
    Options

I am following the P.H.U.L. program. It is a strength and hypertrophy, upper/ lower split.

I've seen people talk about the program but I don't know what the actual program is. However, if you've been following it for as long as you have and haven't seen results I guess I would ask if you've talked to anyone else who is also following the program and what their experience has been? Along with perhaps finding a different program...

The other factors to consider would be your rest and recovery along with nutrition. What do those look like for you?
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

I've seen people talk about the program but I don't know what the actual program is. However, if you've been following it for as long as you have and haven't seen results I guess I would ask if you've talked to anyone else who is also following the program and what their experience has been? Along with perhaps finding a different program...

The other factors to consider would be your rest and recovery along with nutrition. What do those look like for you?

I think you are confusing me with the OP. You quoted me and asked what program I'm following. I getting very good results with P.H.U.L. I think you are asking the wrong person your questions.
  • Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member
    Options

This person was suggesting lifting weights to help solve OP's issue, not looking for advice. Looks like you might be confusing the poster for something else.

OP, do you have a lot of saggy or leftover skin from all that weight loss? I am wondering if this has anything to do with it. Otherwise, I think trying to develop some muscle may help a bit, which will likely involve some weight gain and ensuring you are eating plenty of protein. I would expect you know how to control eating at this point though, since you have lost 140 pounds. Great work by the way!
  • MT1134
    Options
    Machafin wrote: »

This person was suggesting lifting weights to help solve OP's issue, not looking for advice. Looks like you might be confusing the poster for something else.

OP, do you have a lot of saggy or leftover skin from all that weight loss? I am wondering if this has anything to do with it. Otherwise, I think trying to develop some muscle may help a bit, which will likely involve some weight gain and ensuring you are eating plenty of protein. I would expect you know how to control eating at this point though, since you have lost 140 pounds. Great work by the way!

You are absolutely correct. Sorry about that haha.
  • jacktherower
    jacktherower Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Embrace your Moobs. I embraced mine.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you meant "got to 140lbs" or "lost 140lbs." Often, when losing lots of weight, you wind up with a bunch of surplus skin. If you're young enough so that you have good skin tone/elasticity, it might shrink away over time (it might be a year or two - or more). Or, as some said, lift some weights and take up the slack with muscle. Or, go "under the knife" - skin reduction surgery. Or live with them. I've seen some guys who wear compression garments to hide this problem. Good luck. I have some turkey wings and turkey neck from this cause, but at 65yo, I believe I'm stuck with them except that which I can tighten up through exercise.
  • jesselee10
    jesselee10 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    To reduce the illusion of man boobs, you will need to do a lot of pressing at different rep and weight ranges (3 times a week). Do straight bench, inclined and pec fly to hit all pec muscles. Eat in a slight surplus to grow muscles( if you are at a good body fat percentage overall). If you have what I think you have (Gynecomastia), depending on your age may not go away without surgery, but getting muscle tone around them will help to reduce the look. I have looked into this since my son has this as well as puffy nipples.