Menstrual Cycle

Options
Should your weight go slightly up when you are on your period?

Replies

• kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I usually find I 'gain' about 1-1.5 pounds just prior and during my period. It goes away afterwards. It's pretty much all water. Keep logging if you want to figure out what your body does.
  • Nbaker0909
    Nbaker0909 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I can up as much as 5 pounds. It’s all water weight because i can feel the bloat, it’s not comfy but it does go away every time
  • vholley60197
    vholley60197 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Mine is usually 2-4 lbs!
  • FoodBodyChanges
    FoodBodyChanges Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Totally normal. Water retention caused by fluctuating hormones.
  • Cerizez
    Cerizez Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Energy-levels change also during the cycle. You might not notice this with cardio because you can just force yourself through. It’s more noticeable for yoga and strength training.

You can get apps which help you track your energy levels throughout your cycle.

The USA ladies soccer team used apps to help them track their cycles to maximise their training when they were expecting to have high energy and to take it easy when they were expecting to be low on energy.
  • gillianlsteele
    gillianlsteele Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I usually gain about 1.5-2kg on my period and then when it finishes it pretty much drops away
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Totally normal and it sucks. I can gain like 5lb. I am right now. Feel like a big blob then I'll be skinny again next week. It's annoying