The First Day.

Options
Today marked the first day of my weight loss journey. I woke up at 5:30 AM in order to get the gym by 6:10. I did some stretching for 5 minute, and went on the elliptical for 33 minutes. I was able to burn around 363 calories! For breakfast I had scrambled eggs and 2 slices of wheat bread. For lunch I had a cup of rice and a drumstick. I decided to go to the gym again for another hour. I did the elliptical again and burned 370 calories! I also did some stretching for 20 minutes. For supper, I decided to make stir-fry with cabbage, general tso sauce, carrots and broccoli. It was so good! I can’t wait to go to the gym tomorrow for some cardio because I also have morning basketball practice and afternoon basketball practice! Day 1 complete!

Replies

• ehloring1
    ehloring1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just remember to keep it real. We are all excited in the beginning and tend to jump in with gusto; you want to set up a plan you can realistically adhere to. My journey will take me about a year to lose my weight so the intensity you described I could never keep up with. Set yourself up for success.
    And good luck on your journey!
  • KrakenFan69
    KrakenFan69 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Great job Anjolaaina! That first trip back is the hardest! I just started back up on Nov 29th on my fitness journey as well so I am all to aware. I'm trying to start small and add things to my exercise routine lightly and modifying my eating habits as I go. You kicked butt today! Now get ready to go out and get it again tomorrow!!
  • gillianlsteele
    gillianlsteele Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great start! Keep up the great work!