Vegan Dips

Options
I'm looking for Vegan recipes for fruit and/or Vegetables. Any suggestions?

Replies

• jellycar
    jellycar Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm looking for Vegan recipes for fruit and/or Vegetables. Any suggestions?

Oh! I forgot - low on sugar would be good too!
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I like to make a nice dill dip with Tofutti cream cheese and "Better than Sour Cream". Just throw it in the food processor with some garlic and fresh (or dried) dill. Simple and yummy!
  • Kittu125
    Kittu125 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    In India we made something with yogurt. Take 1 cup non fat yogurt and put 1/2 cup shredded of each in there: carrots,cucumbers and onions. For taste add black salt as needed some roasted cumin if you like and some mint and cilantro leaves. Taste yumm! And very good calorie. I know you asked for vegan but this has yogurt if you eat that.:smile:
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    The obvious ones are houmous or guacamole.I haven't made my own, but a college friend used to and they were great.

Another favourite back then was Planil's Egg Free Mayonnaise, if you can find it where you are.
  • muffinmansmom
    Options
    Hey Steph....Have you read or checked out Alicia Silverstones book,,,,,I saw her on tv ,sometime ago promoting her book , I think she eats just raw foods....she was making recipes, even candy and it look really good....
  • jellycar
    jellycar Posts: 40
    Options
    Hey Steph....Have you read or checked out Alicia Silverstones book,,,,,I saw her on tv ,sometime ago promoting her book , I think she eats just raw foods....she was making recipes, even candy and it look really good....

I've made a Cous Cous recipe by her that I really love... I really should check out some of her other stuff. Thanks!
  • onlyonewilson
    onlyonewilson Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Check out Peas and Thank You. She has a wonderful book and blog that even my meat eating OH swears by.
  • nicksaysnever
    Options
    I love making eggplant dip. It is simple and delicious and goes on just about anything.

1 eggplant, cubed
    1 red/yellow bell pepper, chopped
    1 onion, chopped
    1 clove garlic, finely diced

Mix everything together on a baking sheet, sprinkle with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake at 375 degrees F until the eggplant is cooked through (about an hour in my oven). Smash using a potato masher or large fork until dip consistency is reached.

I recommend shaking the pan and turning it about halfway through the cooking process so the stuff on the edges doesn't burn. I also add some red pepper flakes to give it more of a kick.