Ten pounds Per Month

Options
Hello
My name is Richard and today is day two of my goal to lose ten pounds per month. I was 88 calories under the targeted amount yesterday and anticipate I will do the same again today. Wish me luck. Thank you and have a great day.

Replies

• rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    That's a pretty aggressive goal. Do you have a lot to lose? Wishing you all the best and reminding you that slow and steady wins the race!
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    So what will you do, when you do not lose ten pounds each and every month?
    Now if you have lots of weight to lose, then losing 10 pounds per month for some months can be a doable item. But to expect that you will continue each month to lose 10 pounds as you get smaller, will become harder and harder and really is not realistic.

I say this from knowledge, I started out with a big long term goal of the need to lose right around 125 pounds. So yes in a number of months I did in fact lose around 10 lbs per month. But now that I am within 50 lbs of goal, that is no longer a reasonable goal.
    Good Luck as you begin your journey, most important is setting realistic goals, realizing it is a long journey. And that one needs to change ones eating habits over the long term or the weight will come back.
  • KrispyKream1969
    KrispyKream1969 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How do you plan on losing that amount of weight?
  • MATA909
    MATA909 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m Phillip. I want to lose ten pounds per month. I ride my Peloton for 30 minutes and I started doing P90X3 which is a six day and week program workouts 32 to 35 minutes each.
  • jillbeths2
    jillbeths2 Posts: 2 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I’m in with you!! I know it won’t be a perfect 10 lbs each month, but I’m ambitious and willing to allow for imperfection while keeping my eye on my goal..