I always Start over January 1st...

Options
Hey all, I just always start fresh on some diet 1/1 so I decided this year that tracking food is my best plan. My husband and I are holding one another accountable. We can and need to post all our food in here. We used to do Weight Watchers where fruit and veggies were free... chicken breasts and fish were free. Eggs were free. So tracking those things will be annoying. But here we go.

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,122 Member
    Options
    Good luck!

If you eat the same foods regularly, logging becomes easier as these foods will be in your frequently logged list :smile:
  • OfCarbs
    OfCarbs Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am also starting fresh after a hiatus of about 1 year. I can feel the heaviness not only in my body, but my spirit with the weight I have regained. Accountability is a wonderful way to stay on track, good luck to you in this new year!
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 750 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I used to do Weight Watchers too and this works so much more accurately than the whole 'free' foods thing. But stuff like veges is very low calorie anyway. Most fruits are no more than 100 calories and chicken breasts are usually around 140 calories depending on the size. You should fit them in quite easily to your alloted calorie amount.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Often, if you keep having to start over, it's because you're picking a plan that's too hard for you personally to stick to!

The ONLY thing necessary to lose weight is a calorie deficit. All the other rules or plans are simply ways to get into a deficit. So keep trying different ways until you find one that's easy for you. One of the great things about logging is you can actually see in black and white whether your actions are getting you into that deficit!

My best tip is to try to get into the habit of pre logging your food before you eat it. It gives you the opportunity to switch to a better choice or more advantageously spread your calories throughout the day before you back yourself into a corner

And check out the Most Helpful Posts threads pinned to the top of each sub-forum lots of great info there. Good luck!
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,994 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    My advice.
    1. Don't treat it as a diet. Make it a permanent lifestyle.
    2. Stay away from fad diets and simply stay consistent by counting calories and staying within your calorie deficit.
    3. Buy a food scale and weigh everything that goes in your mouth.
    4. Most important, don't make excuses and don't quit.

Good luck to you both.
    PS... I have lost 90 lbs with strict calorie counting.. It works.
  • seat151
    seat151 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I beat the rush and started on the 29th December!