What time of the day do you workout?

Options
jpforbesii
jpforbesii Posts: 15 Member
When I was in my 20s, working out was how I started my day. Now that I'm in my mind 30's, I tend to work out at the very end of my day. So when do you find time to workout?

Replies

• goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Used to be 5:30am but current gym doesn't open until 6.

Very rarely I'll wake up between 3:30&4 and run 20-30 minutes after that. Those are my best days.

....then I stay out until 2am following Friday and Saturday nights. :/
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    6-7pm always. For some reason I can’t work out in the am
  • jpforbesii
    jpforbesii Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Even if my alarm goes off at 3:30, I don't officially wake up until at least 7:00 am. Snooze buttons are my friend.
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Evening has always been my choice.

Firstly, I can never be accused of being awake in the morning. I've literally fallen off my Nordic Track cuz I must have fallen asleep while skiing.

Second, inner city living, working my life around traffic & commuting, night time fits that awful schedule, too. At times it's been tough as my energy is ramped at night & I'm calling people at 10pm to see if they want to go out for a drink. Nope.

Still, I'm a night owl. Late workouts fit my inner time clock.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I leave home at 9 to miss the heavy morning traffic and work-out from 9AM to 10 AM.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    In the morning when my baby naps
  • jenferbar
    jenferbar Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I prefer morning for treadmill/cardio...but for strength training or yoga, I prefer the evening.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    It depends on the day.

Monday thru Friday - After work around 5PM
    Saturday morning - when the Sun gets warm.
    Sunday afternoons
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    Im usually in the gym between 530am and 6am. Spring and summer I try to be in the gym by 5am.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Before I retired it was after work, around 4:30pm. Now that I'm retired, it's more the 11:00am to 1:00pm timeframe.
  • Predat0r1502
    Predat0r1502 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    6 am
    Then again sound 4pm
  • ColdDawning
    ColdDawning Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    In the early morning, 5 am to be exact.

Back in april/may my brother and I started running after being inactive our entire lives (except for the PE classes in school). We decided to keep it in the early mornings to 1. avoid people seeing us struggle, and 2. to avoid the worst heat when summer came around.

Now it's winter and not that nice to run anymore (cold, wet, icy roads, would like to get a treadmill eventually), so we've moved the exercises indoors with cardio and strength training, but we're sticking to 5 am since that time seems to work well. It's nice to have it all done before the day even starts.
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Around 10-11am.
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    My schedule is so fluid and ever changing that i workout whenever its possible. But regardless of my schedule, i always find the time.
  • jruch23
    jruch23 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 7-9pm. My workouts are typically around 2 hrs. So if I get there at 9 I'm not stopping til around 11. I'm a night owl too and can't get up early. I like to sleep as long as I can in the mornings.
  • nodau_iach
    nodau_iach Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    In the afternoon, or evening when needing to go to work and feeling up to exercise a bit more.
  • Iron_Muscle_
    Iron_Muscle_ Posts: 5,095 Member
    Options
    0430. Best time for me. Sometimes at 1200 this time of year depending on how the roads are that early.
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    jruch23 wrote: »
    I'm a night owl too and can't get up early. I like to sleep as long as I can in the mornings.

I do, too. But, my bosses have always found that a bone of contention. :smile:
  • Pupnuzz
    Pupnuzz Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Usually between 5 and 7 AM
  • hoppgeorge
    hoppgeorge Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    545 am. The only time I can consistently do it is in the morning prior to work