Do you have a reward?

Options
I am really really wanting to join a gym but last time I joined I never went so I want to loose weight and get fitter first to prove to myself I will stick with it so here are my rewards

Loose another dress size and I buy myself new work out clothes.

Get to 73kg (3.5kg away) and I join the gym that has childminding. This is also the weight I set to stop focusing so much on loosing and start aiming for muscle growth

When none of my clothes fit me anymore I will new clothes

Do you have rewards for when you reach your goals?

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I don't have rewards for specific goals. I just buy new clothes when the old ones get too big. I shop cheap though so it's still a reward but doesn't break the bank! Just got a few new workout pieces a couple weeks ago and that felt like a reward though it was more a need. :happy:
  • gbbhey
    gbbhey Posts: 188
    Options
    I'm getting a tattoo when i get to my goal weight
  • idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My reward will be my great new body, improved health, endurance and strength.
  • cvaneaton
    Options
    my rewards vary..mini might be nail polish or some pampering...new bedding.but:smooched: big reward is health and happiness ..ok lets keep it real booked a tropical vacation...now saving$$$ and woring on a bathing suit body counting down till dec..
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'm going skydiving!
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I get to keep my job.
  • Hollie55
    Hollie55 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My reward when I reach my goal weight is a long horse trek, a kindle & the Bliss package at my local beauty therapists.
    Mini goal rewards manis, pedis, new clothes & shoes
  • nwohler
    nwohler Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I try to reward myself every two weeks, something small, to keep myself focused. After two weeks of starting this program I rewarded myself with the Wii Biggest Loser Challenge Game. And I've loved it ever since. My next reward will be an arm band for my iPhone for walking/running. Sometimes it's a pedicure or some new clothes becasue the old ones are falling off :smile: Of course I'm grateful for my health, but I like the mini gifts too!
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I just got my bellybutton pierced last week while in Vegas. It was my 65 lb prize. Yes - I'm old(er) and no - I promise I won't be wearing a bikini or belly shirt. It was something I wanted and it's just for me and hubby! :-)
  • tofeelwell
    tofeelwell Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am now in maintenance mode but I know it helped me to set up a competition with others also wanting to lose weight. Yes, they were people I personally knew, in fact in my family. We agreed that the winner would get a gift card to the clothing store of the winner's choice. We kept the value low...to keep it in everyone's budget. For me it was what I needed. I hated getting dressed in the morning, hated the way I looked in any clothes and the way they just didn't fit right. Also we set up weekly e-mails (unless you do it via MFP, one in my group wasn't using it) when we reported our weight toeach other. We each had to set a weight loss goal and an end date for our contest. For us it was 4 months. The weekly emails were also a way we could gripe about the challenges of that week.

I'm happy to say I won although I am still cheering on my family members. I am two sizes down and am gradually buying new clothes as I find good buys. Now my reward is looking in the mirror and telling myself that this is what I will look like for the rest of my life. I hope that is enough of a goal so that I actually do it.
  • ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I like that you are older and got a belly ring for you and hubby. It makes me smile that you did something that most people consider only for teenagers I just wish I am as youthful when I get older I think we all need a reminder we are only what we feel and not the number on the scale or the number of our years
  • millerch88
    millerch88 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm not aiming to lose enough weight to really warrant setting multiple goals/rewards.....but I got howled at by a guy in a truck today while walking home : ) Anonymous positive reinforcement that I'm looking good is always nice.
  • degobah
    degobah Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Singles cruise to the caribbean In April. I should hit my 100 lb goal by then... or at least the minimum weight my body will allow.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    For every pound I lose I put $5 away for the 'New wardrobe' fund to spend when I've hit my goal or final size. Til then it's buying a piece or two as needed from the bargain racks.

Got this from an MFP friend: I've started a necklace and am putting one bead on for each pound lost.

I don't deprive myself of treats, but at each 10lb lost I get to go to Chocolaterie Stam for 1 really good chocolate (think Godiva but made fresh that day, not weeks old).
  • AimingHighWeighingLow
    Options
    My reward when I reach my September goals is to throw ALL my underwear out and go shopping for new ! My weight has come off my chest first, so by the time I lose another 10lb I know that it will be leaving other places so I am safe to buy new underwear. When I reach my goal weight however, I throwing out every item of clothing (bar one outfit to go shopping in) and getting myself a whollllleeeee new look.