Are you hungrier on the days you don't exercise?

I am :devil: On workout days I find that I'm not that hungry and sometimes have trouble hitting my calorie limit. I remember burning a crazy amount of calories doing one of Chalene's HIIT workouts (I was extra motivated that day) and had trouble eating back some of my exercise calories. Does anyone face a similar problem?

Replies

• phlumpet
    phlumpet Posts: 106 Member
    Check out the "calories" report and compare to "net calories." I find that I'm consistently eating 1500-1700 calories, regardless of whether I exercise. My non-exercise limit is 1270, and when I exercise, it's around 1600-1700. So, on days that I'm not exercising, I'm hungry because I'm not eating that 1500-1700 calories my body likes, and on days that I do exercise, I don't always have to eat them all. My body seems to be hungry for the same amount of calories, regardless of whether I exercised that day or not. I don't know what this means or whether this is good or bad...
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    haha.. i'm hungrier on the days that i DO work out (which is what it should be). especially if it was intense cardio.
    the brain can be deceiving and then it can turn into a psychological problem.
  • degobah
    degobah Posts: 55 Member
    I definitely agree. I usually have to force myself to eat days I workout. And have an appetite the days I don't. Not sure why.
  • haha.. i'm hungrier on the days that i DO work out (which is what it should be). especially if it was intense cardio

me too. even though i am hungry ALL the time (and by hunger , I mean I want food) but I am super hungry after a workout. I crave healthy things tho whereas I would crave junk when I wasn't working out
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    I'm usually not hungry on days I work out, just too tired. But the next day I'm usually pretty ravenous.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    I'm way less hungry on the days I work out.
    I almost always carry my exercise calories over to the next day. Because I'm always starving the next day.
  • MarynEve
    MarynEve Posts: 46 Member
    Sometimes I feel like I'm hungrier on days I don't work out, but I'm pretty sure its only because I get bored. Boredom snacking is definitely something I have to work on lol.
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    I always find I am hungrier on days I don't work out. On my workout days in the week, I have dinner later, and I never feel hungry when I exercise. But when I am sitting in the office, it's to easy to eat and even feel hungry out of a feeling of boredom.
  • MoonIite
    MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
    I tried eating my BMR calories on rest days and couldn't do it. I felt so hungry and wanted to eat everything in sight. On workout days I usually consume 1400/1500 calories (sometimes more depending on the amount of calories burnt from exercise). My body seem to be most comfortable with 1400/1500 calories, regardless if I've done my workout or not.
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    On days that I work out, I definitely desire FAR less food.
    Working out gives me energy from a non-food source. When you work out correctly (within your correct target heart rate zone) you're burning fat for energy, rather than carbs. It's also psychological -- when I feel energized, motivated, and on a [healthy] roll, I want to keep it up and not make myself feel heavy and sluggish with food.
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    I am always hungrier the day AFTER an intense work out. Maybe it is because I usually work out in the evening or at night after work. But I usually cant eat all my exercise calories on the day I work out either. Sometimes it is hard
  • philsy1
    philsy1 Posts: 103 Member
    I guess boredom is sometimes a factor too, but I don't think it explains everything. I'm definitely hungrier on no-exercise days, but this just provides me with extra motivation to exercise. Exercise usually helps me sleep better too. There are nights when I wake up hungry, so then I just eat something. No extremes.
  • LisaMarieee
    LisaMarieee Posts: 176 Member
    No. I'm a lot hungrier on days I exercise.
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Yes. I am always hungrier on non workout days. I can't tell if it is mental, because I know I need to scale back that day, or if it is my body uber recovering from working out hard multiple days in a row. Probably a bit of both. Either way, it sucks.