Hunger at night

Options
estherkohn
estherkohn Posts: 4 Member
What do you do when you've already eaten dinner but still hungry before bed. Do you eat a fruit or something else or eat nothing and does the hunger pains go away over time?

Replies

• XLNC1981
    XLNC1981 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Snap!!! I can only speak for me as generalising gets critiqued 😯

I tend to have my dinner around 7pm Ish and get into bed around 10. I too am often peckish but for me routine and just sheer mental fortitude has led to that peckishness subsiding some what.

You can always try rice cakes, some lean meats, cottage cheese etc as pre bed fillers for little calories if you leave a little spare or perhaps just have your dinner later.

With regards to me, I am often well within my deficit and I choose not to eat back my workout calories.

That’s just the way I do it and I’m seeing rather good results 40plus days in.

I guess being hungry is never easy to deal with and filling, unprocessed whole foods are always going to be your best bet.

Good luck - it does get easier! 😊
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,972 Member
    Options
    @estherkohn
    When I was losing my weight, I ate my biggest meal at breakfast, a late lunch (medium sized), walked 10K steps when munchies hit in late afternoon & drank water, then ate a small dinner at 7:30/8.

For me, the secret is figuring out a pattern of meals & their timing that eliminates cravings/hunger.

I eat protein at each meal.
    I find if I eat a lot of salty foods or overeat or large servings of sugary foods, I get hungrier.
    I keep fiber high.
    Lots of water
    Walk 10K every day.

My advice: try different approaches & figure out what your body & mind need over time. It’s a marathon not a sprint!

An example: if I have a small breakfast, I’m chasing my hunger all day long. And will often want something late at night.

One more example: if I eat breakfast at 9 and lunch at noon, I will eat a 4th meal, which I normally don’t.) which through my calories over by 400-500. So I prefer to eat a late lunch.

9:30BF
    3-3:30 Lunch
    4-5:10 walk
    7:30 dinner