How do you get all your water in for the day?

Options
I know we should drink at-least 8 cups of water a day, but it seems impossible for me to do that, anyone have any ideas? :ohwell:

Replies

• NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I just carry a 16oz water bottle around with me all day and sip from it constantly.
  • Misdy
    Misdy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I drink a combination of plain water (keep a water bottle on my desk, nice and handy :) ) and herbal tea. I also set myself water goals throughout the day :drinker:
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    You could also try one of those "smart" water bottles .. I think Hydracoah still makes them and it keeps track for you and reminds you if you haven't drank enough. It also adjusts according t o gender, height, and weight ...

Other than that I find that with each meal I drink a bottle (16 oz) and I drink several after my workout ... and then I make sure I drink some before I sleep- although some people don't like it because they find they have to get up all night! lol
  • sknopps
    sknopps Posts: 166
    Options
    i drink about 16 cups a day. about 6 of those cups i splash some 0 cal mio in.
  • mikesmaniacmind
    Options
    I carry a gallon of water with me everyday and try to finish it by the time I get home from work. I don't buy anything else to drink so if i get thirsty the only thing I have to drink is my gallon jug of water.
  • mikesmaniacmind
    Options
    Or you can drink some of that SobeLife Water. It is good and it's 0 calories. Ill drink that if i really need some flavor.
  • degobah
    degobah Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Protein Shakes ... I add a 32 oz bottle of water, 1 scoop whey vanilla, banana, truvia sugar, and cinnamon.
  • leedapea
    leedapea Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I drink from 1 liter bottles of water. One bottle = 4 cups, so to get in 8 cups you only have to drink 2 bottles. So much easier than constantly refilling small bottles. I drink at least 3 one liter bottles a day.
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I have a 24 oz bottle at my desk. First thing in the AM, I drink 24 oz, then fill it up and usually drink another 16 ounces by lunch. Lunch time, after my walk/run, I usually have 16 ounces of all natural coconut water along with lots of ice (another 8 ounces of water), and for dinner I have at least another 16 ounces. That right there is 80 ounces (10 - 8 ounce glasses). If I do additional exercises at night, that's usually another 16 ounces at least. So bottom line, I try to make a conscious effort of constantly drinking water throughout the day.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    open mouth, insert water
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    If I don't have my first 4 cups down by lunch, it's just not happening for me. I get up in the morning - bleary eyed - and use the bathroom and it's straight to the kitchen for a 16 oz glass of water before breakfast. Then, my coffee. Another 16 oz glass of water. 2 cups with lunch and then 2 with my snack mid-afternoon. By dinner, it's all extra. I am averaging 12-15 cups a day. It is tough! And if I don't do it this way, I barely drink 2 all day...
  • Ashonym
    Ashonym Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have a 32 oz stainless steel water bottle with an awesomely proportioned mouth area to drink from.

In the morning I take medicine and have breakfast, then stand still and guzzle the entire bottle. That's 4 cups.

I continue to drink 2 more bottles sporadically throughout the day.

At 5-6 I have dinner, and guzzle my last bottle sometime after that but before bed.

This does not include coconut milk, coffee, milk milk, or other things I drink. I take about 12-16 cups of water in a day. I don't necessarily even like water, either! I just know it REALLY helps keep me full, it flushes out toxins and sodium in case I get 'up there' in values, and I enjoy being able to log so much of it. :) The pros outweigh the con of flavor. :)
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I have a big cup and a gallon pitcher of water on my desk every day. I just keep refilling my cup until I drink the whole gallon!

Also, strangely enough, using a straw is hella helpful. It just seems more fun to me I guess... and I'll do whatever it takes to get all my water in! Hahaha!
  • cowpoke06
    Options
    Sometimes I find that I've drank more than 8 8 ounces of water a day. At first you'll pee...A LOT. Then you're body will get used to it and you won't have to pee so much. I have a 32 oz nalgene, the kind with the smaller opening, I don't like the bigger opening ones. The less chance to spill more things on me in a day the better. I fill the bottle with water and keep it on me at all times. I also buy the 44 packs of crystal light at Costco. I use one packet per 32 oz water bottle. I like just a little flavor. I think those packets are too overwhelming for how much water they say to use.

I drink most of my water at work because well, I'm at work at a desk and have nothing better to do. ;) I try to drink at least one and half of the water bottles before I leave work for the day. Which is 6 glasses of water. With the crystal light packets it's easy peasy. I can easily drink 3 32 oz. water bottles a day (I'm not good at logging my water) One bottle is 4 8 ounce "servings" of water. It doesn't seem so daunting that way either. 2 water bottles a day and you're done.

Also, I buy a little carabeaner (I have NO idea how to spell that) for $1 and attach to the loop on the lid-if you get a nalgene you'll know what I'm talking about. Then, I can just clip it to stuff like my bag :) Hope that helps! Sorry if my spelling is horrendous, i'm not wearing my glasses.
  • Sheeshy
    Sheeshy Posts: 133
    Options
    I really like water, so not a huge issue, BUT, I have noticed that how much water I drink depends on the cup/bottle I use. Sounds weird, but true. I like very cold, ice water, and water bottles get on my nerves. I lose the lid a lot. :ohwell: And I hate when you freeze them and they sweat. So I got one of those reusable double walled cups with a straw - they have them at Starbucks for their cold drinks - I go through a TON of water now. It doesn't sweat, even with ice, fits in any cup holder, easy to refill, and I just drink more absent-mindedly when I have a straw.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Orally. Lol.

Seriously though, since I'm at work for the bulk of my day, I constantly refill a water bottle from the water cooler throughout the day. Whenever I deal with such aggravatingly charming clients, I take a break and drink some water...which is often. Then, when I gotta piss, I'm usually done with a bottle or two. Then I refill and repeat.
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Ditto to what pretty much everyone else has said.

I like really cold water best, so I keep lots of bottles of filtered tap water in the fridge all the time. One is pretty much always within arm's reach. Although I haven't gotten 'em yet, you can get ice trays that make ice tubes that fit into bottles easily. Sounds pretty swell to me.
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    you shouldn't count coffee or tea as your "water" for the day. both are dehydrating. (a good friend of mine ended up in the hospital after only drinking tea all day in intense heat - the EMS guys were pretty firm with her that tea doesn't count as water- and she spent 3 days there undergoing tests - $$$$)

i like room temperature water. i fill up a glass first thing in the morning and drink that. I try to always have the glass full and if i go out, i take a stainless steel bottle with me filled with water. (try not to use those plastic bottles). i also like perrier with a twist of lemon with my meals.
  • mwilson57
    mwilson57 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I like my water icy cold, but hate the sensation of ice touching my lips, so I've started drinking my water with a straw out of a 22 oz soda cup. I fill the cup with ice then fill with water and repeat through the day. It's also helped me break my soda habit!
  • mrivera713
    mrivera713 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I drink 32 oz before lunch time, then 32 oz before it's time to clock out for the day. I'm in AZ, so adding an additional 2-4 cups before bedtime is beneficial for me since it is so hot out here.

Because my goal is to do at least 10,000 steps per day, sometimes I use a water bottle that is only 16 oz. And I go to fill it up at the cooler that is farthest away from me.

I'm not a big water person, but 207 seems so much closer when I choose water over anything else. I suggest taking your eyes off of the drink and onto your goal... ~pictures a person drinking water with a mean scowl on his/her face. His/Her eyes are focused intently on his/her goal. He/She isn't tasting the water, they are tasting that goal and how close they are to it.~

Do Whatever it takes! YOU CAN DO IT! :)