When your water tastes like dirt....

Options
So, I get free drinks at work, and up until recently, I've been good about only drinking water. But, due to drought conditions, the lake our water comes from has dropped to the level where you just can't get the dirt taste out of it, no matter what you do.

So, what would you rather?

Calorie free mud or calorie full powerade?

I'm trying to stay away from diet sodas, but I've broken down a few times... still doesn't hide the dirt flavor as well as powerade....

Replies

• Nikki206
    Options
    Have you tried crystal light packs? My water at home is icky so we stock up on bottled water and recycle...
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    i'd say neither, i'd try a waterbottle with a filter inside first to see if it gets rid of the taste, and if not, i'd go for calorie-free flavored waters :)
  • jwaters1006
    jwaters1006 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    If you're going to drink powerade go for powerade zero
  • corpseskank1
    corpseskank1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    We have pretty terrible drought, and pretty terrible county water, but for every nasty water situation there is a hoss enough filter to help. If that fails - try crystal light like the above poster mentioned! Also refrigerate your water - I find when it's colder I taste it less!
  • methetree
    Options
    Yes, filter it and stick it in the fridge. It's the only way I can stand Arizona water... nasty stuff on the best day.

I also splurge now and then on a Monster Rehab... lemonade & tea and only 10 calories a serving...
  • janetb21
    janetb21 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Our water tastes like dirt. I love my Britta water pitcher, it takes the taste away.
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Seriously? You can get bottled water and you can get water filters too.
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Our housing complex just replaced the ancient pipes, I have been filtering all my drinking water and then I add Liquid Multi-Colloidal Minerals to it and stick it in the fridge. It comes out tasting like glacier water, zero calories and good for you to boot. I get the minerals at the health food store. The minerals in liquid form are easier for your body to use and they do add a clean flavor to the water. I call it my home-made mineral water.
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    When your water tastes like dirt....

...grow tomatoes :smile: