Any busy moms in here

Options
Struggling for time to myself to workout. With the kids and a fulltime job. New help

Replies

• Spadhnik
    Spadhnik Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Same here. Even when I would get some time at end of the day, I have lost motivation by them after all that kids school runs, office work, house work, kids school activities :(
    I took one day off from handling home and had joined local dance group in the evening.
  • mindoverplatter8
    mindoverplatter8 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    me too. no family around to help either. Best thing to do: hire a babysitter while you go to a gym class (or nap). Or make sure your physical activity is something you really, really like so that it is relaxing for you to go to. S mething I always thought of doing but didn't: hire a personal trainer to come to the house and work out with whole family, kids and bubs included. Even just floating around in the local pool is helpful. Really, it comes down to time and energy; there isn't much left of either at the end of the day when you are a full time mum, employee and house slave. So, forgive yourself and be patient with yourself. You may not be able to do a whole lot of activity at the moment. Can you walk around at work or are you tied to your desk? Oh, and let some of the housework go. Don't exhaust yourself to make the house look the way it did pre-kids. Not worth it. You are probably getting enough exercise with kids anyway (lifting laundry baskets/kids/car seats/shopping, making beds, cooking, etc).