What time of the day do you workout?

Options
2»

Replies

• cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I normally go into work a couple of hours early and take a couple hours for a long lunch run and cleanup time. Family is always sleeping when I leave regardless, so it's more of just a personal discipline for me. Get up at 4:30am, clean up and head to the office coffee in hand.

I love it because it breaks up my day and let's me clear my head and come back for the second half of my day mentally and physically refreshed.
  • Womanvsweight
    Womanvsweight Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Whenever I have time normally but I will be making the effort to get up to extra early every morning to make sure I get that time for myself before everyone else wakes to demand the rest of my time for the day and night 👍
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    All the times...
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    When I started, 5:30am. I wanted to get it done before work, and have to workout on empty stomach to avoid nausea issues.

Joined a gym after short trial, now work out regularly at 4:30pm. I was worried about moving my dinner time back but my body has adjusted surprisingly well. It is also incentive for me to meal prep using crock-pot/insta-pot so I just have to heat up leftovers serving when i get home!
  • jlhalley7835
    jlhalley7835 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have to be at work for 6:30 AM, I choose to do my workout at 4:30 as soon as the gym opens its doors and usually finish up about 6 AM. If i workout in the evening when I get off I have a lot of trouble getting to sleep at an appropriate time. Also, both of my kids are in sports, and I coach(ed) my son's football and baseball teams. If i miss a morning workout then I miss that day's workout and that puts me in a terrible mood.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    hoppgeorge wrote: »
    545 am. The only time I can consistently do it is in the morning prior to work

This exactly. Too easy for evening workouts to get lost to a long meeting or some other activity.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    I like to go to the gym when it's crowded... so around 5pm. I get more energized when everyone around me is getting it in. When the gym is empty my mind wanders and I find myself sitting at the lat pulldown station for 47 minutes.