What are your goals for 2020?

Options
Setting doable and measurable goals and keeping an eye on them, I believe, is critical to reaching them. I want to lose three pounds by mid-Jan before leaving on a trip to visit family and getting into the 140’s (again, sigh). Then, I want to reach my desired weight (135) by end of March for a girls’ trip to the Caribbean. What are your goals?

Replies

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Short term: Under 200 by end of January, and under 195 by my birthday in February.

Mid term: Under 175 and buy a cute swimsuit at the mall in May for my beach vacation start of June.

Long term: goal weight (140 to 150) by this date in 2020.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Short term goals-I was at my desired weight before the holidays and refuse to depress myself further by stepping on the scale before NYD. But my short term goals are to return to 135, get back to brisk walking 2 miles a day+(yes, have even put that to the side :(), and incorporate some other type of exercise but not sure what yet.

Mid and long term goals-step out of my comfort zone and try to travel a little bit by myself. I'm such a wimp. :( My dds both want me to fly and visit them this year, which I would love to do BUT I am totally directional dyslexic and airports scare the beejeebers out of me. Even trying to read all the signs in an airport creates a chaos in my brain that they simply don't comprehend. :( Plus another goal I have is to find some sort of creative outlet that will fulfill me.

So not just physical goals but mental goals as well.
  • DanMillward68
    DanMillward68 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Medium ish term

Lose 28lb by May 27th which is the date I take the family to Disney world.

By the end of 2020, 58lb loss total.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Weigh in every Sunday. This is a challenge because I hate to weigh and it's easy to make excuses to avoid it.

Don't let the scale get above 153 (currently at 147)

Sounds pretty simple right? We'll see!
  • FoodBodyChanges
    FoodBodyChanges Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My goals are: 1) to reverse pre diabetes through a nutritional approach; 2) exercise 30 minutes/day 6 days/week; 3) lose 52 pounds - that's a pound a week for the year
  • amandadorozsmay
    amandadorozsmay Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great goals! I think this is realistic and doable. To a happy and healthy new year