Marmite

Options
Paddy31
Paddy31 Posts: 115 Member
Marmite is evil.

It is Satan's bum wipings.

I abhor Marmite (Hate isn't a strong enough word). It ruined all my sandwiched as a kid. My Mum thought it was good for me so it was compulsory in all my lunches. It was not too bad when I had Cheese and Marmite because others would swap, but have you ever tried to trade for a Meat Paste and Marmite Sandwich? Even the seagulls wouldn't eat them. My dog ran away when I put one in his bowl. And he would eat his own vomit.

Marmite is the source of most evil things. It is well known fact that Saddam Hussein ate Marmite on toast, Mussolini invented Marmite pasta and Stalin had Marmite with his evening glass of milk. (Hitler famously confused Marmite with Bovril and wouldn't eat it since he thought it had meat in!). All these facts are true.

Many of the worst things in history were caused directly by Marmite. Hurricane Irene, the Great Fire of London, the film of Titanic and Piers Morgan for example.

And don't start with Vegemite. It is exactly the same but without the redeeming qualities.

I feel ill just thinking about it. I'm off the live in Denmark.

(Note: may contain hyperbole)

Replies

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Mad person indeed.

Marmite is wonderful, tasty and such a comfort :happy:
  • dgirllamius
    dgirllamius Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Marmite is disgusting.

I tried it once, never again!
  • mummyv811
    Options
    LOL!

I completely disagree with you and LOVE Marmite with all my heart, but this post has seriously brightened my Thursday!

Thank you :tongue:
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I agree, Marmite is evil, its up there with celery
  • smoore85
    smoore85 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Its true what they say, you either love it or hate it,, I personally hate it and so does my husband and my youngest daughter whos 2 but my 4yr old and 6yr old absolutly love it, they complain if i dont buy it,, they have it in sandwiches and on toast,, crazy eh,,
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options

Marmite and celery. That's lunch sorted...
  • florosa
    florosa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've just had marmite on toast instead of spread with an egg on top good flavour. My most favorite food with marmite is cos lettuce, you just spread it tiny amounts on the lettuce, it's great. The jars themselves shoud have an award for there artistic design, sadly I haven't found a use for empty jars. Sady the dog isn't very enthusiastic about it but there more for me
    Cheers.
  • em1976
    em1976 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Promite is my favourite.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options

Marmite and celery. That's lunch sorted...

I recommend a side order of cottage cheese to go with that :sick: