TEAM CHUAY GAHN SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE ROLL CALL (CLOSED GROUP)

Options
TEAM,

Chuay Gahn = /(pronounced) shuai gun (shoe-eye-gun)/ = mutual assistance and cooperation

This is the name I have chosen for our team. (Yes - it is from Survivor Thailand.) I chose it for it's meaning. It basically means to help each other and that is exactly what we are doing. As a TRIBE in September - we will encourage each other, we will be accountable to each other and ourselves, we will coach each other when times are tough, we will HELP EACH OTHER!!

I don't know if you can all see the posts from Gary6030 - but he has noted that we will not be tracking challenges for points. The results that gain points will be percentage of weight lost. DO NOT WORRY if you are close to or at goal. I do not want you to lose weight just so we can win. I want us all to get healthy!!

Please POST HERE let me know if you are still in. This is the list I have so far.

juleseybaby
EmilyRanae22
ycc1964
megamoo04
LouD76
ShannGall
faye_daisy
kmckeon8
susanleasings
Hether22

If you are not already friends - add each other. If you don't already have it this way - change your diary settings so that friends can see it. (Not for nosiness - it is just one more way we can help each other.)

This journey so far has been AMAZING for me. I doubt I would still be on track were it not for the August challenge. I have lost a total of 25.2 pounds since February of this year. TOGETHER WE CAN ACCOMPLISH SO MUCH!!

Replies

• megamoo04
    megamoo04 Posts: 269
    Options
    Im in :)
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Alright team let's DO THIS. I'm all in Jules.:explode:
  • ShannGall
    ShannGall Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Can't Wait!!!!
  • faye_daisy
    faye_daisy Posts: 148
    Options
    Hellayeah I am in
  • hether22
    hether22 Posts: 63
    Options
    Count me in! I'm loving the August challenge and excited for September's challenge too
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    All - susanleasings has had to drop due to major education commitments. (She is doing an internship at this time. Eeeek!)

Please welcome our new TRIBE MEMBER!!!

balston2010

I still have not heard from everyone!! We only have a few days!
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I am in
  • kmckeon8
    Options
    I'm in :-)
  • LouD76
    LouD76 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone...

Spring has sprung... :happy: well that is for us here in good old South Africa.... needless to say we all happy to see the sun again...

OK - so day 1 of the September challenge...

My starting weight is 120.3kg / 264.66lbs

Lets get started....
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Welcome balston2010. :wink:
  • LouD76
    Options
    INTRODUCTIONS FOR THOSE WHO DOES NOT KNOW ME FROM THE AUGUST CHALLENGE:

Re-post:
    "My name is Louisa... I'm from Durban (Hillcrest), South Africa... I'm always sort of behind (feels that way) with the posts, due to the time differences.. but promise I read them all..

It is really great "meeting" all of you awesome peeps.. Looking forward to kicking *kitten* (my own big *kitten* that is) in this August Challenge..

OK.. about me.. I'm 34 (35, September 12th), have a daughter, 9 year old.. married (2nd try) to my best friend Clayton.. (2 years come September 7th).. we knew each other 9 months when we got married.. and we just knew from day one that this was it..

When I met Clayton I was around 115kg (253lbs / 18stone) and today Monday (SW) I am on 122kg (268lbs / 19stone) .. I've tried just about everything and have been yo-yo-ing for the last ten years (more so the last two years) between 110kg (242lbs / 17stone) and 133kg (293lbs / 20stone).. 133kg being my biggest January 2011. I've gone down to 116kg just before the start of the winter, just to gain 6kg again. My hubby and use to do some kickboxing together (he trained me), but since the winter we have really been slack.

I joined MFP a while back, but have only used it consistently for the last 20 days.. I had a very bad week last week (gained a bit again) was down to 120.4kg and this morning I weighed in at 122kg ... very angry at myself.. I've had days where I either ate too much, or too little, and not enough water or none at all...

So instead of dwelling on this, I've decided to just put it behind me and focus on today, on August and succeeding in my weight loss..

My ideal weight for my height (1.63m / 5ft 3") is around 60-65kg (132-143lbs / 9-10stone). I'm big boned so going to far under 60kg will not look healthy..

I've always been a big girl, high school I just ballooned, and at the end of it I was 82kg (180lbs / 13stone), which looking back now, and comparing to how big I am today, was not all that bad. I lost a bit of the weight after school went down to around 68kg (149lbs / 11stone) and I felt great.. When I got married, we battled to fall pregnant, and I had to under go fertility treatment, hormone injections etc. Had my beautiful baby and then my ex left us, just after her fist birthday. I gained weight during the treatment, pregnancy and when he left I was at 110kg. In the last almost 10 years I've just not been able to get down under the 100kg mark... being an emotional eater, hating exercise has just not helped much. When I'm doing the exercise I am happy doing it, feel great, but it is the getting to do it that I battle with. "
  • LouD76
    Options
    September Challenge:

Day 1 -
    Water - done
    Calories - under
    Challenges - done.. MAN ALIVE !!!!
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Forum changes weekly (so they don't get over 20 pages, etc.).

Here is the week 1 link.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/330514-team-chuay-gahn-september-week-1-closed-group

GREAT JOB ON THE CHALLENGES LOU!!