clean snacks

Good morning! Looking for clean snack ideas I can take to work (desk job). I tried roasted chickpeas, they weren't for me and I have fresh vegetables cut up- any other ideas? TIA!

Replies

• jojomojo1973
    jojomojo1973 Posts: 4 Member
    I take tomato, cucumber, hommus, avocado stacked on top of each other. I also love a piece of silverside sliced up and made into a roll up and inside I put a salad mix with avocado or a home made dressing ..
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    edited December 2019
    Fruit (apple, banana, kiwi, watermelon, blueberries)
    Almonds with fruit or plain Greek yogurt
    Vegetables

A tiny salad with baby spinach, chickpeas or other beans/legumes, cucumber slices, shredded carrot, vinagrette
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    I get the clean part. I have fresh veggies and a plant based dip ( Good Foods). Sardine or salmon packs. Nut butter packet or raw nuts( pre measured baggies). Hot tea or other warm drink. Broth in a coffee mug even. Protein drink. Fresh fruit, preferably higher water content.
    I've even had salmon jerky, Garden of Life weight management bars- I nibble and make them last instead of eating at once.
    If you aren't low carb air popped popcorn or plain rice cakes with avocado on top, guacamole or nut butter.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    I wash my hands before I eat. Is that "clean" No. I echo @cmriverside. Carbs, fat, and pro. She and @fernt21 helped me lose my fear of fat.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    psychod787 wrote: »
    I wash my hands before I eat. Is that "clean" No. I echo @cmriverside. Carbs, fat, and pro. She and @fernt21 helped me lose my fear of fat.

I did? Yay!

Fat doesn't make you fat.

...and it tastes really good and helps my body function correctly. My macros during weight loss were in the 40C 40F 20P range...and really sometimes my fat was around 50%.
  • FireyChimera
    FireyChimera Posts: 155 Member
    Oatmeal, fruit, canned oysters and sardines are nice, portioned popcorn, and nuts
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    I personally find fruits and veggies to have zero satiating potential unless eaten in vast quantities, and then its just due to physical fullness but my actual hunger isn't appeased. The things that actually appease my hunger in small quantities would be a slice of rye bread with natural PB, a protein bar, crackers with cheese, a few pieces of dark chocolate, boiled eggs, a glass of steamed milk, greek yogurt with peanut butter. I actually prefer to forgo snacks and allocate all calories to three substantial meals. Small snacks tend to just enrage my hunger rather than abate it so I usually just have a cup of tea or coffee, or chew gum in between meals.
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 976 Member
    Sliced red/orange/yellow bell peppers and mandarin oranges.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,978 Member
    Perhaps it would help if you define what you mean by 'clean'

As it is an undefined term which means different things to different people.

Fruit seems something that would be a clean food by any definition - either little boxes of strawberries or similar or whole fruit like a banana or an orange or an apple.

Is somebody disagreeing that clean means different things to different people or that fruit is a clean eater's snack????

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Greek yogurt with fruit
    Nuts
    Cucumber slices with green olives
    Peppers/carrots/celery with hummus
    Hard boiled egg
    Light cheese stick
    Coffee with protein powder
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Rice cakes are 35 calories each. Light sea salt is my choice.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited December 2019
    I always wash fruit and vegetables before eating them... :) When I watch many of the food suppliers who deliver supermarkets / food stalls, then I wonder how "clean" the food is. And don't let me start on all that rubbish plastic packaging!
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Whatever you like that you can fit into your calorie budget.
    As others stated, clean is a term that is open to interpretation. In my world, there are no foods off limits. Moderation, portion control and a calorie deficit rule.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    psychod787 wrote: »

I did? Yay!

Fat doesn't make you fat.

...and it tastes really good and helps my body function correctly. My macros during weight loss were in the 40C 40F 20P range...and really sometimes my fat was around 50%.

Well ma'am. I have very little doubt that reducing carbs moderately to increase protein vs reducing fat can be effective for appetite control in some people. I have days where fat goes into the mid to high 30's. Low in added fats. Just letting it come from whole filling sources.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Here are my go to snacks in between meals (I've lost 90 lbs so far)

beef jerky
    honeycrisp apples
    chocolate meltaways
    carrots with hummus
    cherry tomatoes with hummus
    bell peppers with hummus
    cucumbers with hummus
    salad with lower calorie dressing and cottage cheese
    rice cakes with avocado and salsa or peanut butter
    light & fit greek yogurt (12 g protein, 80 calories)
    sardines with mustard & hot sauce
    popcorn
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited December 2019
    I always wash fruit and vegetables before eating them... :) When I watch many of the food suppliers who deliver supermarkets / food stalls, then I wonder how "clean" the food is. And don't let me start on all that rubbish plastic packaging!

This probably won't matter to you, but washing does not help with food surface micro organisms or chemical spray residue. Fly crap, dirt, debris, can be washed off. But not the serious stuff. I invested in a product called FIT back in the day and they had a lot of science on this topic.

For my part, I wash mushrooms, tomatoes, root vegetables, but not grapes.