5' 5"ish girls, what are your stats?

Options
Hi ladies! I need a little help figuring out what a healthy weight would be for my height and body type! I have been over weight since I was in elementary school, and now at 150 lbs I am the slimmest I have ever been... however, I'm not as slim as I'd like to be!

Since I've been chubby pretty much my whole life, I have no idea what a healthy and comfortable weight would be for my adult body. So I'm sending out a plea for help... show me your stats and pics! I know every body is different, but if I could get a rough range to shoot for it will really help!

I'll start off:
Height: 5' 5" ish
Weight: 150 lbs
Bust: 38"
Waist: 28"
Hips: 40"
Tops: S-M
Pants: 8
Dress: 6 (if it has a full skirt)

And here's a recent pic of my loss so far.

2011-07-132014_00_42481x800301x500.jpg
back309x500.jpg

As you can see, I carry my weight in my hips/thighs as well as upper arms, and a little layer of flab on my tummy that makes my belly button look very depressed. My extremities are lean... I have very boney hands and feet! I'm pretty much a traditional hourglass, boderline pear. I'd like to see what similar shapes look like at different weights!

Thanks!

Replies

• naesue
    naesue Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and haven't been 150 since high school but can tell you I didn't look like that! You look awesome! As far as losing weight goes I think you are at a good weight but if you want to tone up I would probably suggest something like P90X or something like that! I think you will be very pleased with the results of something like that. You really don't have much more fat to lose you just need to get the weights out and start to tone up. Awesome job so far! I can only hope to look as good as that at 150 this time around which I will get to again!
  • feathers1981
    feathers1981 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 5ft 5 too. This is a really interesting question, I hope that people reply! Well done on your weight loss so far! I weight 135 and like you I carry my weight on my belly and hips. Mostly however I seem to carry a lot of weight on my upper arms which always seem totally out of proportion to me!

I'm not too sure of my measuerements, but my bust is abour 34" (however I have a big bust/cup size!). I'm a 6 up top and a 6-8 below (in American sizes). I would say that you look thinner than me though. You look great!

I think I need to take some pictures and take my measurements this weekend as its really interesting to compare against people that are the same height.

Kx
  • nicxox
    nicxox Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Wow you look fab! I'm 5'5 and started at 149lbs but I certainly didn't have a figure like yours when I started! My goal weight is 126 and I currently weigh 135.
    Waist - 27.5"
    Hips - 36"
    Thigh - 23"
    Upper arm - 11"
    Clothes size 12 (US 8) and just starting to fit into a few 10's (6) too

hope that helps you =)
  • AimingHighWeighingLow
    Options
    I am 5ft 4. I started dieting when I reached 11stone! 154lb. My target goal is 120lb. I am 20lb away from that now. I will get there, I think though I will slow down once I reach 135-130lb. I will see how comfortable I feel!
    I hold all my weight on my back, bum and thighs. My job now is to tone what I have, until I down to 130lb. I might be happy once I am there.

I am unsure of my measurements because I don't think I measure myself right. But the measurements I do know are:
    34E/F (was 36f/g when I started.....do my weights coming off my boobs first!)
    Pants size 10UK or 6US

Where do you want to be??
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'6''
    Weight: 115lb
    Bust: 36-A
    Waist: 25.5
    Hips: 31
    Tops: S-M
    Pants: 3-5
    Dress: ?? don't wear them often S (3) ???

I have reached my goal weight and am just working at maintaining and keeping fit/toned :-)
    034he.jpg

OZUVz.jpg
  • HazelAngelstar
    Options
    i'm 5' 5" but my stats are above yours - however, looking at your pic, you look great the way you are - so maybe now concentrate on toning up muscles rather than losing more weight. You dont want to lose too much and then look too thin xxx
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'6''
    Weight: 130 or so
    Bust: 36
    Waist: 26
    Hips: 35
    Tops: S/34
    Pants: 38
    Dress: 38

I'm basically at my goal weight, but working on building muscle and increasing my endurance. I'm in week 8 of P90x right now and I'm planning on starting the New Rules of Lifting for Women when I finish with P90x. I also do a lot of Bodyrock workouts, HIIT and outdoor sports. I actually think I have a pretty similar body type to you, I tend to carry my weight in my thighs and hips, but I have a pretty small frame otherwise. My all-time high weight was about 150 or so and my lowest weight was about 110 (and I looked absolutely skeletal). For my body my healthiest and happiest weight is between 125 and 130.

Photoon2011-09-01at09475.jpg
    Photoon2011-09-01at09482.jpg
  • Mammym
    Mammym Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Height: 5'6'' (just about)
    Weight: 166
    Bust: 34 E
    Waist: ?
    Hips: ?
    Tops: SIZE 14 (UK)
    Pants: SIZE 14 (UK)
    Dress: 14 (UK)

still at least another 26 lb to go so I will hopefully look like you guys when I finish! x
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    Age 39
    Last weeks weight 153.5
    Waist 30
    Hips 36
    Thighs 22
    Arms around bicep 12
    Pants size 8
    My height is 5'6"
  • caretheaton
    caretheaton Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you to everyone who replied so far! You all look so gorgeous!

I feel like I have trouble toning. I have been through a round of Insanity and a round of P90x each and really enjoyed both workouts, but just seem to build up muscle underneath a stubborn layer of fat. I'm doing lots of runs and lifting weights to maintain the muscle I have built so far, but right now I'm trying to focus on my diet to burn off the extra 15-20 lbs of fat that are covering it up!

I feel really close to my goal. I LOVE your pics, Scarletleavy! You're so fit! And 130 is about what I suspected I would be comfortable at, and since we're similar shapes I think it's possible!