Not sure how many calories I should be eating

Options
According to many BMR calculators my BMR is 1500 calories which means as a sedentary indivdual i burn about 1900 calories a day. But im pretty sure i have a very atypical muscle percentage as in its very low. I also have a pretty small frame. (Im Indian) Im very weak and because of chronic pain im in bed most of the day except to do chores and hygiene stuff. I also try to get in about a half hour of walking.

Does this affect my BMR? I want to lose weight but not sure how many calories i should be eating. Im 145 lbs 5 10 and 38 years old with a very small frame. I have a muffin top and love handles. A lot of fat on my back.

Thanks

Replies

• DyneSalcar
    DyneSalcar Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your actual height to weight ratio is great! You might try bulking up, add some extra protein and start lifting. You can stay the same weight but be slimmer and stronger, more muscle and less body fat
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Why on earth would you want to lose weight at 145 lbs and your height and gender? Most people who are in the correct BMI range usually do what is called a body recomposition, but that means eating more protein and lifting heavy weights...you mention chronic pain, not sure what other exercise you do besides walking? The TDEE calculator has you at 1901 cals maintenance...without your body fat percentage...as input...
  • mojavpa
    mojavpa Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi thanks for the responses everyone. I do some basic strengthening exercises already like the bird dog and elbow presses when im not in too much pain. In my twenties I was about 130 lbs and had a lot more muscles and less fat than I do now.