Best exercise for...

Options
Bingo wings,...., ive been using my dumbbells for a few weeks but wondered if there were any exercises people did that really target the bingo wing..lol

Stomach...... Also aside from sit-ups what would u say best exercise for stomach area is,, ive had 3 children one of them was an emergency c-section so stomach muscles aren't what they used to be,, im doing about 400 sit-ups a day more when i can squeeze them in but would any1 suggest any other exercise..

Thighs.... i walk everywhere as i don't drive so its walk or pay for public transport, which i really can't afford. my thighs have gone down in inches but i want to tone them up,, my calves are mega muscular but my thighs let me down,, cellulite and wobbly,, what would u suggest to tone up,,
i don't go to the gym as i don't have time and can't afford it and so i'm looking at things i can do at home.. many thanks..
Thanks in advance for ure advice,, xxxx

Replies

• 2ht2hand1e
    2ht2hand1e Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Planks and push-up. Also, try jogging to some of those places or to the park, etc. I hope lots of others give you tips also, so you can experiment :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Tricep dips are supposed to be good for bingo wings, and push ups. for the stomach, planks are great, and for the thighs, squats & lunges should tone u up.
  • Kipper66
    Kipper66 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi try the following:

Bingo wings - try doing tricep dips using either the bottom step of your stairs or a sturdy dining chair.

Stomach - sit ups are good but only focus one area of the stomach, try V sits, cycling (lay flat with hands under lower back for support and then cycle your legs but long and low) this really aims at the lower stomach area, also hand to opposite knee to get your obliques. Also do the plank as you need to work your back muscles as well to balance everything out.

Thighs - try squats narrow and wide and also lunges, taking the stairs two at a time really works at your gluetious maximus. Leg raises are also very good.

Try this website for some ideas on various exercises http://www.oxygenmag.com/Training.aspx.

Good luck, keep up the good work.
  • Kipskiki
    Options
    A great excercise for tricep http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Triceps/BBLyingTriExt.html. If you don't have a bench, lie on the floor, and any weight will do, you don't need dumbells. The most important thing to remember is that the elbows point straight up and that they stay still.

But make sure you workout the bicep as well to get those nicely toned arms :)

If you do 400 situps a day (and don't have a sixpack already) i doubt you're getting contact with your abs. Try doing situps with your heels right by your *kitten* (no space inbetween) and don't let your lower back leave the floor, you should definetly feel something after doing 10 or 20. If you want something completely diffrent, try this (fast forward to 4:20):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RmKLop0Wg4&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL97A1494D4CAC062A

Do 4 rounds of that routine every day (the muscles in your stomach is the only muscle that you can work (hard) every day without over-excersising)

walking is great for your thighs so keep it up, especially walking uphill. At home you can do lunges (with weights or without) and squats (with weights or without). balance can be hard so i recommend starting without weights.

I hope this was understandable, english isn't my first language :) Good luck!
  • smoore85
    smoore85 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    thanks every1,, i will give all the advice a go and will post in few weeks on how im doing,, i know i need to lose the weight aswell to actually see my toned stomach but im working on that also,, thanks so much again, xx