Fitness schedule

Options
Hello out there. Does anyone have a multiple fitness schedule? Like weights, walking, biking, stairs, etc. Thanks.

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what you mean. Like different workouts on different days? Yes. I lift weights only 2-3 days a week, after work. I do cardio every morning. I do a longish run usually on Sunday.
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what the question is, would you like to work one out to follow?

I run, swim, yoga, gym. Exactly what you do and when depends on what your goals are and personal preference.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,937 Member
    Options
    I do a variety of things like weights, walking, biking, stairs, etc. ... and rowing and running.

What's your question?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I swim 2-3x, weights, 2-3x plus walking *kitten* much as I can. In summer I also bike a few times a week, but I had to cut back on weights as a result, due to time and recovery needs.
  • jesslifts
    jesslifts Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I think it keeps it more interesting to mix it up but you don’t have to. I do weights (compound lifts), cardio (les mills classes) and walk as much as possible.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I do cardio daily (fast walking, aerobic workouts, plyometrics, machines etc.)

Strength-train 4 days per week - mostly bodyweight and resistance band work. Upper body focus on Mondays and Wednesdays and lower body on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Throughout the week I add in Pilates, deep stretching and other activities such as pole fitness, hula hoop workouts, aerial yoga etc. when I can.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Do you have specific goals in mind? That would be helpful for people to recommend something more specific. I am starting a beginner triathlon program that has swimming, biking, and running with some strength each week, but that’s pretty specific to my goals.
  • ckshamma2015
    ckshamma2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I mean does it help to put yourself on a schedule for example, weights Monday and Wednesday; walking on the beach Tuesday; Bike trail Sunday, etc?
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I mean does it help to put yourself on a schedule for example, weights Monday and Wednesday; walking on the beach Tuesday; Bike trail Sunday, etc?

Help with what exactly?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,937 Member
    Options

If you've only got a limited amount of time to work with, sure.

When I'm really busy, I'll walk a bit at lunch (couple km) and maybe get some rowing or walking or weights in immediately after work. And I'll try to climb a few flights of stairs during the day.

But when I've got time (like on a weekend), I'll either try to do something longer like a decent run or bicycle ride or a "tri" which might consist of an hour on the bicycle, 30 minutes on the treadmill and 20 minutes rowing ... or something like that.
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Ok, so it sounds like the question is how to plan/ manage it when you are doing different things.

I work full time and absolutely need a schedule or I wouldn't know what I'm doing, you know the old saying - fail to plan and plan to fail. It also helps me to stick to it, if I was just doing what I fancied at the time it would be less!

Exactly what you do is going to depend on what you want to achieve, and what you like doing.
    What you need to remember is that muscle needs time to heal, that's how it gets stronger, so it's not a good idea as a general rule to go really hard two days in a row with the same thing (of course this varies for people training for specific events, athletes etc)

So as an example - my goal is a running race. I am following a plan that has me running 4x a week.
    My other training fits around that.

First thing in the morning is a run or swim before work, does not require thought or social interaction!

After work, could be a yoga class, weight training in the gym, tennis for fun. Can't run after work at the moment for the dark, husband for some reason has a problem with me being out on my own in the middle of nowhere in the pitch black 😆

Weekends are for long runs.

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    It makes sense to make a schedule in order for recovery, especially when mixing cardio and strength. If you do a full body lifting session, you would need at least a day to recover before doing the same type of lifting session again. So you could do cardio the following day. Or alternate upper/lower days. Something like that.