Fitbit Flex 2 - Anyone else having issues?

Options
Fitbit auto recognizes my daily runs which can be anywhere bn 3 to 5 miles. Last night I noticed that my Monday and Tuesday runs were deleted. The weight training sessions I manually added are still there. Anyone else having the same problem?

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,771 Member
    Options
    Double check the times. Is there a possibility you might have replaced your run with the manual weight lift activity?

You may be able to regain the heart rate and calorie information Fitbit detected for your run if you remember your start and stop times and manually approximately recreate your deleted run.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    My time for manual entry for lifting was correct after the run. It synced and updated. Both workouts were listed. It tracked my steps and time of run. But last night when I synced, my Monday run and Tuesday’s had disappeared. I searched on line and seems like this has happened before. But I was curious to see if anyone else had experienced this recently.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    What you can do is manually add an Activity Record on Fitbit, which is all the device is doing automatically.
    Sounds like you know the time start/end points.
    Looking at HR data may nail it if needed.

You can name it whatever you want, it'll look at the stats for that chunk of time and display the miles and calories again.

Don't add a Workout record, that's start and duration and it asks for miles or time and pace, ect. Not the one you want.

Until Fitbit fixes whatever the issue is.

When you say "when I synced" - you mean between device and say phone?

Or are you talking MFP with Fitbit sync, which you can't manually kick off?
    Are you manually adding workouts to MFP which adds to the complexity?
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    When I sync my phone with the app my runs would appear. Then I manually add my lifts. I don’t add workouts on MFP. I have the flex 2, so no heart rate monitor. Today I ran outside and used the gps, tracked and it updated the 4.5 miles. We’ll see if it stays or clears. I think it’s a Fitbit issue vs error with my logging the weight training after my run. Thank you both for taking the time to respond.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,771 Member
    Options
    I defer to @heybales for adding an activity as opposed to workout record.

I've made the mistake of doing a workout one and it drove me bonkers asking for distance!
  • wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    After 3 black outs with my versa I got a google smart watch. Something was always happening with that gadget.