New Year...new Me!

Options
JewelLiz
JewelLiz Posts: 15 Member
I dont know how many times I have "started" only to fail...but this year...I swear...this year is the year! Im going to be 64 in 6 months. I am very active. I clean homes every day. My major areas of concerns are to loose weight so I can breath (Im asthmatic) and keep the back pain at bay. So...here we go. Im getting a few days head start on the New Year...but for me, this is where I start! <3 :-D

Replies

• beviep
    beviep Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I feel the same as you. I started yesterday. I am getting on the low carb diet and sticking to it. I recently retired so have more time to prepare, cook, and exercise. I previously had a desk job so need to build up to being more active.

Let's do it!!
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    @JewelLiz "Fail" is not a good concept when you are trying to make improvements in your life. For me, the word/concept just sets me back and makes me feel inadequate. I have found that success has a lot to do with how I frame it for myself; when I honor the good that I've done I do feel more motivated and then I am much more likely to reach my goals, even if I have setbacks (which I do).

Make this the year of reframing. How can you position your achievements in a way that highlights your success, while viewing your setbacks with compassion? This has made a huge difference for me.

Good luck to you!
  • lindar1207
    lindar1207 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @ladyzherra love the advice you offered hear.
    @JewelLiz I have felt the same, I too will be working on making 2020 my best year yet. I just turned 59 this month. I too have health issues. Wishing everyone a happy healthy New Year
  • guil0095
    guil0095 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    You got this!!! B)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,754 Member
    Options
    I feel you ....I have been on and off this site since 2009.....I keep getting injured and giving up ....2020 will be the year I finally succeed ...we got this :)
  • Maegan_MomOf3
    Maegan_MomOf3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat... Every year I say this is my year... This time I must make it happen! I will be 40 towards the end of the year. I need to be healthy for my kids. I need to do this for myself! I'm over my body and ready too change!