Anyone do TRX? Any clues on calories burnt?

Options
I tried out TRX yesterday and by far it is the hardest thing I have ever done, anybody have an idea of how much calories to log for an hour of this? Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• GeoffTTaylor
    GeoffTTaylor Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    TRX (and any suspension trainer) works with your bodyweight just like pull-ups, pushups etc. I just class it as Calisthenics which burns well over 500 calories an hour.

What exercises do you use it for?
  • leannemr
    Options
    I am starting it next Monday at Bishopston Activa gym! Did you do it at Activa? The instructors have just been trained and they are going to combine it with Kettlebells as an hour and a half class - its going to be chronic!!!
  • caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Penyrheol active I do it, gonna be hour intensive burn!!!!! I did a lot of upper body and core yesterday and we started looking at the leg moves when time ran out!!!! It is majorly hard! I am aching arms , shoulders, back, and obliques
  • caroltina
    Options
    TRX (and any suspension trainer) works with your bodyweight just like pull-ups, pushups etc. I just class it as Calisthenics which burns well over 500 calories an hour.

What exercises do you use it for?

Ye I use it for all over toning, using it on upper body and feet in striups for lower limb exercises, I put in 500, I got a right sweat on!!!
  • leannemr
    Options
    Aww no I'm dreading it lol!!! Actually, it'll be good to shake up my routine as all I am doing is 2 x Kettlebells, 1 Zumba and 1 gym session. As they plan to intergrate TRX with Kettlebells it should be a mega work out. :o)
    Who was your insturctor in Penyrheol? We get Adam.
  • caroltina
    Options
    There are going to be a few instructors, all are trained! I had Jon, he was brill to be fair coz I was well scared to let go, I am still heavy!!! He was really patient!! They are talking about having a ladies only class, but that don't bother me!! Looking forward, you'd get better with practice, my triceps are still screaming!!! Got to laugh at the twig let next to me struggling when I was easily jetting twice her weight!!!
  • GeoffTTaylor
    GeoffTTaylor Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I bought a TRX for home. They are a killer workout. Rows, rollouts, assisted squats, bicep curls, but my favourite is the "Atomic pushup" You have your feet in the stirrups in the pushup position.. You do a push-up and then pull your knees in for a crunch. Rinse and repeat.
  • caroltina
    Options
    Yes did the atomic push ups cool! I love it, it is hard as!!!
  • leannemr
    Options
    Well tonight's the night for me!!! They are going to do an hour and a half class tonight. Instead of our usual hour of kettlebells they are going 45 nmins of TRX followed by 45 mins of Kettlebells. I have signed up for the full class - I am going to be aching like a good one tomorrow, and I have to drive to Aberystwyth for work!!! Whats the bet I can't get out of the car when I get there!!!! I'll let you know on Wed how it went!!!
  • caroltina
    Options
    Oh good luck, you will defs ache!!!! Hope u enjoy
  • leannemr
    Options
    Loved it!!! Two weeks in and going back for my third week starting with the intergrated TRX and Kettlebell session!
  • leannemr
    Options
    My friend Jo started at the Penyrheol class last Saturday and loved it!
  • caroltina
    Options
    John is superb teacher, really supportive. I can not praise them enough :) right to the point where he picked me up in tears on wed and made sure I didn't train for a few days because i was exhausted, I love them all there. I go wed nights,