Options
2»

Replies

• TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    New 2020 Goal:

Wear Crocs, with black dress socks and cargo shorts, in public.... while in the company of my teenage daughter.

I think I can do it !!

Lol. Do it! Girls love the kind of dad who infuses fashion with comfort & rubber shoes!
  • Womanvsweight
    Womanvsweight Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    My goals are simply to stay alive for as long as possible and live every day like it’s my last, because who knows when it will be 🤷🏻‍♀️

My only motivation are my children, even though they are all adults now, one is mentally and physically severely disabled and when I and her father are no longer able to care for her (and I’ve been worst for wear the ast 10 year) the responsibilities will fall on my other 3 kids. So I would like to be around for as long as possible 😜
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    Build a blog

@Mr_Healthy_Habits Are you familiar with Gary Vaynerchuk, who turned his parents' $3M/yr biz into a $60M empire at the age of 22 way back when via e-commerce? He left that & built his own $160M empire doing social media & digital marketing & he's now late 40s. (I'm just describing for others who may not be aware of him & might benefit from his vids).

Well, he has a YTube channel & offers so much info for free on building a biz for yourself. The reason I mentioned him is, if you're doing a blog for others to read and/or to advertise your own company, he's quite innovative in seeing trends & says to utilize LinkedIn & FBook stories. You can still write your blog, but people need to know about it, so he explains how to get that info out to others, all for free.

I can't explain as well as he can, but I think you'd enjoy his online vids. Bonus is if you're a northeasterner, native or otherwise, like me... you'll appreciate his NJ sense of humor & fast talking. He's a decent guy with a lot of integrity, which is most important. With all his success, he still goes out on Sat am to yard sales to buy things to resell online... it brings in $1K/mo, but it's his hobby & he loves a bargain. He seems like a great dad, too, which makes me like him more.

Here's his channel, if you or anyone else is interested... good luck with your new blog!

Oh, & this week, what I found the most helpful is him saying to begin today. He explained a constant loop of research (like I'm often caught in) as procrastinating & fear of beginning. I like advice from those who've already done it with success.

https://www.youtube.com/user/GaryVaynerchuk

Thank you for this 💕... I'll definitely check it out!

I've already got a few audiobooks on the subject and it really seems like the trick is to just put rubber to road and do it... Don't over think, just do it like Nike lol

Which is why I actually started yesterday!

New post coming out today on holiday weight gain... I can't post a link in here without a flag (lame), so any all send me a fr if you'd like and I'll post on my feed!

You're very welcome & I admire your forward thinking... I'm an over-thinker, so it was good to have heard about that being a form of procrastination... never thought of it that way. I won't do that anymore... acting faster is best so the opportunity isn't missed.

I agree... just do it is the best inspiration that ever came from the advertising world.

I'd love to read your post/s (will you place them on your blog here?) & will send a FR so I won't miss anything.

Really looking forward to hearing your audiobooks, too! Good job!

BTW, you may like Brian Rose, as well. He was a very successful Wall St guy, made a fortune, but was horribly unhappy, lonely & a heroin addict/alcoholic, quit, moved to London & began a motivational podcast... he interviews a lot of top achievers. He does a podcast called London Real. He's now happily married with 2 daughters... that's the best success.

https://www.youtube.com/user/LondonRealTV

I like Gary better (he seems very happy & has a great sense of humor), but different speakers resonate with different people. Both are about being happy & the money being secondary. In an interview I heard with Gary this week, he said that younger people have an idea & think that success = million/billionaire status, so unless that idea grows to that, they think failure. He asked the audience if they knew how many miserable millionaires he's met & the answer was, all of them, because they only see $$$ as success. It's why he still goes to yard sales every Sat am, even though he doesn't need the $ as a reseller... he just loves doing it.

Good luck with your blog. Can't wait to read your posts.
  • ChrisCatMama
    ChrisCatMama Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options

My only motivation are my children, even though they are all adults now, one is mentally and physically severely disabled and when I and her father are no longer able to care for her (and I’ve been worst for wear the ast 10 year) the responsibilities will fall on my other 3 kids. So I would like to be around for as long as possible 😜

My oldest daughter has 2 chronic illnesses and other issues as well. She doesn’t get along with her sister but I hope that changes. Both of my girls are grown up so I totally get what you’re saying. 🤗