Myfitnesspal premium

Options
Hi, I noticed that on the ios app it shows the upgrade cost as $19.99 a month, and $99.99 yearly but on the website in the premium tab, it shows the upgrade as $9.99 and $49.99 a year. If I were to upgrade on the site, will my account have premium on the phone or only for the website? And, If I were to upgrade through my phone, will the premium be only available on the phone? I just don't understand why the prices are different.

I've had the free version for quite some time, and I'm ready to move on from that and go with premium. I really love the meal timestamps and the food analysis features

Replies

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    I've only ever heard of it being 9.99/49.99. That's what I pay. If you sign up through the site, you should be able to use it on the app and site with no problem.
  • JohnDaConqueror
    JohnDaConqueror Posts: 52 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    MikePTY wrote: »
    I've only ever heard of it being 9.99/49.99. That's what I pay. If you sign up through the site, you should be able to use it on the app and site with no problem.

Hmm, that is very odd. I don't understand why the app shows $19.99 month and $99.99 yearly then and the site shows different prices. I'm looking to purchase the $50 yearly option as it would save me a lot of money versus going with the monthly option. I sent an email to support, so I'm hoping to hear back from them soon before sending $50 their way lol.
  • MikePTY
    Options

Hmm, that is very odd. I don't understand why the app shows $19.99 month and $99.99 yearly then and the site shows different prices. I'm looking to purchase the $50 yearly option as it would save me a lot of money versus going with the monthly option. I sent an email to support, so I'm hoping to hear back from them soon before sending $50 their way lol.

Good luck getting an email back lol
  • JohnDaConqueror
    JohnDaConqueror Posts: 52 Member
    Options

Good luck getting an email back lol

oh man, that doesn't sound good lol!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,637 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    AFAIK there is a single login in use. Thus you will have premium credentials regardless of how you pay.

When you pay on the web site I would expect that MFP has to pay a credit card processing fee which would amount to something in the 1% range.

Rumor has it that, in general, app stores such as the one run by Apple, will pocket 30% of the initial sale. On a subscription and during the second and subsequent years, their take may drop to 15% or so. Be that as it may, selling via the app store is more expensive for the developer.

Also, well.... isn't it so much more convenient to use apple pay and your beautiful chain and stored credentials and all that fun and neat technology and have Siri handle your payments for you?!?!?! Of course it is. So what's ONLY $50 for all that fun?! :lol: <-- lol inserted to ensure that my good disagree friends realize that I am not actually validating the preceding as an APPROPRIATE action!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    AFAIK there is a single login in use. Thus you will have premium credentials regardless of how you pay.

When you pay on the web site I would expect that MFP has to pay a credit card processing fee which would amount to something in the 1% range.

Rumor has it that, in general, app stores such as the one run by Apple, will pocket 30% of the initial sale. On a subscription and during the second and subsequent years, their take may drop to 15% or so. Be that as it may, selling via the app store is more expensive for the developer.

Also, well.... isn't it so much more convenient to use apple pay and your beautiful chain and stored credentials and all that fun and neat technology and have Siri handle your payments for you?!?!?! Of course it is. So what's ONLY $50 for all that fun?! :lol: <-- lol inserted to ensure that my good disagree friends realize that I am not actually validating the preceding as an APPROPRIATE action!

Sorry, that was me. Had to :p
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »

You're messing with my stats fruity gal! Why don't you go feed some kittens instead!!!! :innocent:
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options

You're messing with my stats fruity gal! Why don't you go feed some kittens instead!!!! :innocent:

They have had dinner, and departed to do Important Cat Things. So I had to taunt you instead ;)
  • PAV8888
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Got ya back!
  • Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    pssst most people lose weight just fine without the premium service. The 'lose weight faster' is simply a marketing ploy. The biggest advantage is that premium is ad-free but it is a lot of money to fork out on a regular base for this. Your health would benefit more greatly if you used that money to help improve your fitness instead.

Besides Ad-blockers are free too
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options

I am so very very very legit glad you’re back.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I honestly cannot imagine paying $20/month for this level of service.

MFP has been great for me, and I've successfully lost and maintained my weight thanks in large part to it. But only because all the necessary "features" (I use that term lightly, given how things have been behaving lately) are available without premium. I'd never tolerate paying for this much annoyance.
  • MikePTY
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    I honestly cannot imagine paying $20/month for this level of service.

MFP has been great for me, and I've successfully lost and maintained my weight thanks in large part to it. But only because all the necessary "features" (I use that term lightly, given how things have been behaving lately) are available without premium. I'd never tolerate paying for this much annoyance.

For me it's JUST barely worth the 4.17 I pay a month on my current annual subscription. If the price stays the same, I'll probably re-up, but if it raises, no way.