My 2020 goal - looking for friends to join me

Options
I last used this back in 2014 and lost over 10kg, looking for some friends for motivation for 2020. Please add me :) could really do with the support & I would like to motivate others too.
I’m now 34, getting married next year.
Have had so much going on in the past few years and my weight has really crept up by way too many kgs this year. (I’m so miserable with it.) I’ve got a treadmill and plan to keep within calories of circa 1500- 1750 a day, dependent on exercise & will be doing weights & HIIT workouts. I also have a Fitbit to hit 10k step goal. I am looking to lose 10kg overall by September of next year

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,340 Member
    Options
    I am restarting my journey ...feel free to add me ....congrats on your upcoming wedding ,,,wishing you much success on your journey :)
  • Nicki_pick
    Nicki_pick Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Restarting here too! Plans for radical self care and love for 2020, neither of which have I ever been very good at consistently before. Would love some active friends. Feel free to at me 😊
  • pcfteixeira
    pcfteixeira Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have been using MFP now since mid December, just need a push to get me motivated and go for my goals. So important to have a network of people to share and get some support also. Hope all of you can make 2020 a better year. Here looking for friends also.
  • jcjc8007
    jcjc8007 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey hey, I'm always down for more friends. I've been on MFP for a hot minute in combination with Hybrid Performance Nutrition, and so far I enjoy it. I have a ton of goals for 2020, so lets help each other out. Happy New Year!!!!
  • BeanyFrog13
    BeanyFrog13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Also looking for buddies on here! :)
  • childfree_cat_mom
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! Lost 30lbs through this a few years ago, gained back 20lbs in the past two years. I'll add you! If anyone else wants to add me, I'm definitely looking for motivation and support.
  • aml907
    aml907 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm also restarting using MFP after several years absence and 49lbs gained. I'd love to make some friends here to have someone to motivate and be motivated by, as well as be accountable to. Feel free to add me! :)
  • vvlucky
    vvlucky Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year and New Decade. I am a 59 year old mom of 4 young adults. Your stories fit right in with me: I lost 25 lb and felt great - got stressed out and I gained 15 (I think - too scared to weigh in). My home life has been rough for many years, with a child that has many pschiatric dx's and treatments. She is now 18 and we are hopeful we can find her a safe living situation outside the home.

I'm also going to do "radical self care" which will include daily meditation, as well as therapy for my own PTSD.

So, I am very happy and excited to start 2020 - a brand new decade - with an open, free heart, less stress, and a much smaller belly - ha ha. I welcome all your eating and exercising ideas and stories.
  • StocktonSue
    StocktonSue Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Love to join this friendly group. I am 70, happily married with grown children and lots of grand and great grands. I have just about ten pounds to lose but it makes such a huge difference in how I feel in my clothes. I love to eat good healthy food and truly crave exercise - was very happy to put the holidays behind me. Sugar really makes my hands hurt, makes me sleep poorly and is just bad ! :o Looking forward to a happy, healthy New Year with you all. :) Hopefully we can chat about our food and exercise choices as well as our lives in general.
  • Nazemanuel
    Nazemanuel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m in , lost 25 and gained all of back last year when my dad got diagnosed with cancer and the stress of teenage kids escalated .

Need to lose weight and get my health back.
    Starting tomorrow
    Happy new year 😊