Needing a boost

Options
I wanna hear from you! What motivates you? I was down 30 pounds and feeling good...and then I slipped into some old habits (bad eating habits) and continued through the holidays. I gained back almost 20 pounds! I need to make some changes. My first change is cutting out soda (again!) and that includes Monster drinks (even though I drink the sugar free ones). What changes did you make? What favorite foods did you substitute? What motivated you to lose weight? I'm focused on losing FAT and not necessarily "weight."

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Feeling weak, body aches, larger clothing size than I want to see are my biggest motivations.

I made changes gradually starting with just logging everything I ate. Then I started focusing on increasing fat, and then protein, and then fiber for fullness. I have learned to let myself have a dessert/treat everyday and in particular on work days, to have one as an afternoon snack.

I haven't really substituted any foods, but I do usually cut the oil in most savory recipes in half and I like to zucchini in savory and sweet recipes as a low calorie way to add volume/servings and sneak vegetables into my son's food.
  • nighthazel01
    nighthazel01 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I’m eating a later breakfast because once I start eating it’s hard to stop. I found if I wait to eat breakfast I make better choices all day. Weekends are my nemesis, I completely fall off the rails. I want to focas on doing better on the weekends.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,586 Member
    Options
    I used to drink diet soda and Crystal light all the time, I swapped them out for iced tea with a little stevia.

Thinking of swaps I made a lot! Coffee was a lot of creamer, now I use flavored almond milk. I used to get frappuccinos at Starbucks and now get light vanilla cream cold brew but rarely go as I make my own at home. I used to live on huge bowls of brown sugar maple syrup oatmeal and Lean Pockets and lost weight, but stalled in 2018 and now focus on vegetables and protein. Like puffbrat I've cut most oil, I roast vegetables with balsamic vinegar. I also use lots of spices!