Chirothin

Options

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    My chiropractor gave me the best weight loss advice... under 100 net carbs a day- you lose, 100-150 net carbs a day - you maintain, and over 150 net carbs- you gain....I too was not losing at the time and when I went back and checked my journal vrs my gains, loses and plateaus I was eating the carb amounts listed above... so thanks to his advice I lost 50 lbs... now he didn't sell me any supplements.
    Just told me to watch my carbs and get a couple extra walks in and it worked for me! Not to mention he fixed the numbness in my arms and hands.
    I love my Chiropractor!

Your chiropractor gave you the worst advice lmao
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    My chiropractor gave me the best weight loss advice... under 100 net carbs a day- you lose, 100-150 net carbs a day - you maintain, and over 150 net carbs- you gain....I too was not losing at the time and when I went back and checked my journal vrs my gains, loses and plateaus I was eating the carb amounts listed above... so thanks to his advice I lost 50 lbs... now he didn't sell me any supplements.
    Just told me to watch my carbs and get a couple extra walks in and it worked for me! Not to mention he fixed the numbness in my arms and hands.
    I love my Chiropractor!

You lost due to caloric restriction.

• senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    I love my Chiropractor!
    Reviewed my diary for last week. Over 150 carbs every day, definitely over 100 net carbs everyday. Somehow I lost 1.5 lb. I must be ketomagical.
  • Beautiful0110
    Beautiful0110 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    But doesn't increasing protein and fiber help keep you feel full longer?
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    But doesn't increasing protein and fiber help keep you feel full longer?

Fiber, yes. Protein, I believe it depends on the person. Protein doesn't really help me feel full for long, I need carbs to stay satiated.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    All foods have different satiety for different people.
    General trends are on a satiety / calories basis are:
    Fiber > protein > solid source carbs or fat > liquid fat > liquid carbs.
    While I ate over 100 grams of net carbs a day, I was also usually eating 100+ calories worth of soybeans or vegetables, and having high protein from seitan or boneless, skinless chicken. From a purely satiety standpoint, I could possibly have eaten plenty less carbs, but I actively wanted my calorie intake higher.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    http://www.chirothin.com/index.php/products

When the entire plan is contained in pill bottles and droppers, then no, it's not a good idea. Chiropractics must be really hurting to be pushing this stuff all the time. Personally, I'd try and find a chiropractor who actually does good business in chiropractics, rather than pill-pushing.
  • missdune
    missdune Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    So many really rude people on this thread.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Here's another "really rude" reply. :) I went to a chiro for a couple of years for a neck problem, and they were constantly trying to sell their patients weight loss and cleansing programs to their patients. Visiting the ChiroThin site, the program appears to be a way to sell a bunch of products of dubious value. You don't need supplements to succeed at weight loss (says a guy who's lost nearly 80 pounds without them).

Save your money for the new clothing you'll need to buy as you take off the pounds. :)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    missdune wrote: »

This thread is a year old.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    MLM salespeople always bring back old threads.
  • suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    missdune wrote: »

Are you a lousy chiropractor who can't do legitimate business so takes advantage of desperate overweight people to make a buck on the side? Because that's the only type of person who would find any of these responses rude.

And go trawling for a year old thread about a diet that's not allowed to be discussed on the forums now..
  • chickey87
    chickey87 Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
  • marycostantino
    marycostantino Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling with weight loss and over eating for years. My chiropractor wants me to start a program they will monitor me on called chirothin. He pretty much grantees it will work to help with hunger. I've never used a supplement for weight loss, anyone tried this or know much? Still undecided. Thanks

I've been on chirothin which is the program that your chiropractor probably wants you to try. I started in September - it's the start of January- and I'm already down 68 pounds. It does work.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling with weight loss and over eating for years. My chiropractor wants me to start a program they will monitor me on called chirothin. He pretty much grantees it will work to help with hunger. I've never used a supplement for weight loss, anyone tried this or know much? Still undecided. Thanks

I've been on chirothin which is the program that your chiropractor probably wants you to try. I started in September - it's the start of January- and I'm already down 68 pounds. It does work.

This thread is from 2015
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options

I've been on chirothin which is the program that your chiropractor quackopractor probably wants you to try. I started in September - it's the start of January- and I'm already down 68 pounds. It does work.

There, fixed it for you. ;)
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    COGypsy wrote: »
    All the diet shills out for the New Years resolutioners, I'm guessing.

You don't think the member with one post legitimately found a random thread about an obscure diet they happen to be on from 2 years ago?
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    COGypsy wrote: »
    All the diet shills out for the New Years resolutioners, I'm guessing.

You don't think the member with one post legitimately found a random thread about an obscure diet they happen to be on from 2 years ago?

I think it's interesting that there have been several obscure diet zombie threads revived by new posters over the last few days.