Is halfway a "success"?!

Options
agartin
agartin Posts: 274 Member
Well it sure as heck feels like it.

I have not logged in for a long time but I want to thank MFP and all of it's wonderful members for encouraging me, motivating me, picking me up when I was down and answering all of my questions, as well as teaching me sensible eating habits. After tracking my cals, water, and exercise for a while, I feel like I trained myself to be more aware with everything I do to and put into my body. I feel like MFP has taught me how to actually commit to a lifestyle change, when before I had been failing with diets. I'm so happy I stumbled upon this little site.. and I look forward to checking back in with you guys more often in the future. :)

I was starting to become a bit obesessed, I must admit.. Constantly looking in the mirror and feeling frustrated because even though the numbers on the scale were going down, I still felt like the same fat, frumpy person. So tonight I dug up some old pics.. and this is what I discovered. (All current pics are from this week.)

thenandnow4copy.jpg

(Before pics are from April)
**embarrassing story with these capri's, actually. I slipped them on last Saturday... noticed they were lose and shrugged it off... I was going to be home all day anyway and I told myself no new clothes until I was close to my goal. I headed out to my garage to grab a book from my car, mind you, the garage door was open..... and my capri's fell straight to my ankles.... AS a man was passing by on his bike. Just my luck, right? OOPS!

thenandnow3.jpg
(Before pic is from October)

thenandnow.jpg
(Before pic is from January)

now4-Copy.jpg
(Before pic is from March)

nowface-Copy.jpg
(Before pic is from January)

I'm 5'1" and I started off at 185lbs. In January, I "dieted".. lost 10lbs quickly and gained it back just as quick. Stumbled upon MFP in mid April and began my "lifestyle change".. Never looked back. 30lbs down now..still fighting, aiming for 60, total. :)

Thanks for letting me share. :)

Replies

• editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    You look great :-) Congratulation :-) MFP is like a school in which we learned and still learning how to live a full & healthy life:-) You should be so proud of yourself :-)

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • city_of_frogs
    city_of_frogs Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    good work

half way is awesome. I can't wait until I hit halfway :)

and you look amazing :D

I have a similar experience with my work pants. I have only lost 9 pounds in the past few weeks, but my work pants are hanging low and showing everyone my undies. I also trip on the bottom too as they get caught on my shoes... It's a good feeling :)
  • CaliSweden
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great!
  • missduffbug
    Options
    You look beautiful and halfway is most definitely a success! 30lb is an amazing loss and you should be very proud.

Love the story on the capri's with the man passing :0) xxxx
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • agartin
    Options
    You look great :-) Congratulation :-) MFP is like a school in which we learned and still learning how to live a full & healthy life:-) You should be so proud of yourself :-)

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Yes, very true. I felt bad for not logging in and tracking like I "should be".. but the awesome thing about MFP is that it has taught me how to do things sensibly, even if I don't always have time to log on. Very valuable lessons that will stick with me forever!

And you know what.. I AM proud! I have never worked towards losing a pound before in my life... 30 is fan-freaking-tastic to me.. just amazes me. lol
  • agartin
    Options
    good work

half way is awesome. I can't wait until I hit halfway :)

and you look amazing :D

I have a similar experience with my work pants. I have only lost 9 pounds in the past few weeks, but my work pants are hanging low and showing everyone my undies. I also trip on the bottom too as they get caught on my shoes... It's a good feeling :)

It IS a good feeling, but also very annoying! lol. Thank GOODNESS I am in the medical field and can wear scrubs all day. The drawstring is a blessing, only thing is they seem to swallow me now. lol
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely beautiful!! Congratulations on meeting your halfway mark :)
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Wow. You are REALLY pretty. ALWAYS have been. Now, you're looking HOT, too! Way to go! :drinker:
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! congrats!
  • andreacord
    Options
    Halfway it totally a success lady! You look HOTT!

and I believe personally that a pound alone is a success. It may not show, but its a pound more than those who aren't trying.
  • bslic
    bslic Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Wow. You are REALLY pretty. ALWAYS have been. Now, you're looking HOT, too! Way to go! :drinker:

what she said....you are stunning. Congrats on your half-way point. That's a huge accomplishment.
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Yes halfway is a success, I am 3 lbs away from my halfway point of 55 lbs and counting down because Im excited about even the halfway point, I look at it like at the halfway point you KNOW you will be able to accomplish your goal because you just lost the same amount of weight that you need to lose to get to your goal and if you lost 30 lbs already you can lose the next 30 so Congratulations on your success!
  • crittytn
    Options
    Halfway is definitely a success! Congrats!
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Wow! You should be very proud! You can really see a difference and you look fabulous! And by the way...... YES..... halfway is a "success"! In my eyes, 1 lb. is a success! :happy: Keep up the good work!
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Heck ya..it is totally a success! Look at you--looking all fantastic!! Keep it up-your doing great :)
  • cass89
    cass89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK SO DIFFERENT!! YOU SHOULD BE PROUD!! WELL DONE!!
  • shellgoff
    shellgoff Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    First of all...you are beautiful!
    Secondly, you look great! Keep up the good work! You should be proud!
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss - you're on the home straight now! I'm hoping to hit the halfway mark this month and I can't wait :smile:
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    IMHO anything that allows you to see tangible results is a major success!! You're looking great and that shot of the double-chin and then without is a great demonstration of your hard work and how successful you've been!! Here's to your continued success!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!