No alcohol for a month!

After reading the post below i have been inspired to do something that i have been thinking of doing for ages, but never had the courage to do!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/332427-huge-personal-victory-alcohol-related

Firstly i should say I'm not an alcoholic or anything, but i love a bottle red wine at least 1 night a week.

when i have its like taking 3 steps backward , I nearly always end up have a fried egg sandwich and picking at things i would not normaly eat.

My daughter was over this week (she lives in Sweden) and i used her an excuse to have wine!( the second night she did not have any and i drank the whole bottle!

I'm 50 and i don't think i have gone more than a week in my adult life without a drink.

so i want to do this to prove to myself that i don't need to drink, (as often as i do), and for my health !

Replies

• WOW I do not think I could do that. I am not an alcoholic but I enjoy it so much and am always around it. But maybe I should think about it..
  • So I just did this! I made it 18 days and I had a beer.... but I haven't had anything else since and today is day 22. In 22 days I have had ONE beer. I am very happy with myself right now because I am always around alcohol when I'm with friends.

If you can do it, it might be worth it! GOOD LUCK!!
  • pghfan
    pghfan Posts: 119
    I usually do this once in a while for 4-6 weeks just to make sure I can! :laugh: AND it always gives my weight loss a boost. Just out of curiosity, how did you do with weight loss during this time?
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    I will be doing this for 6 weeks in a few weeks to prepare for my upcoming competition and I am not entirely thrilled, but I know it will be beneficial.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    I usually do this once in a while for 4-6 weeks just to make sure I can! :laugh: AND it always gives my weight loss a boost. Just out of curiosity, how did you do with weight loss during this time?

been stuck for ages... thats partly why i want to do it
  • I think it is helping! I had a couple beers last night and I just realized I don't really NEED it. I started MFP when I stopped drinking for 22 days. So I wouldn't know the difference because I did it all at once. I am guessing it helped!
  • kristinaohno
    kristinaohno Posts: 113 Member
    good for you!
    i stopped drinking last december. my medicine ruins my liver and my liver wasn't doing so good at that time when i got my blood checked. i also realized since i have MS, i get hang overs just from one beer, and i used to drink 4-5 beers more then once a week. i actually really enjoy being the sober one. i get to laugh at the drunks.
    good luck with everything! you'll do awesome!