What are your 2020 fitness goals?

Options
My main goals are to hopefully reach my goal weight, and start weight training.

Replies

• WynterDreaming
    WynterDreaming Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of seemingly lofty goals that I want to start reaching for and even if I don't necessarily meet all of them perfectly, I will be happy with being closer to achieving them. My major goal of the year? 75 pounds down. I lost 55 last year and I slacked off for the last 3-4 months of the year. I also have a lot of strength training I want to work on because I also want to be able to do at least 10 pull ups and 50 push ups.

It's a lot of work starting from 0 again, but I'm worth the effort.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Continue to improve core strength to help relieve back pain, drop 5% BF, improve my lifts by 10%.
  • aries68mc
    aries68mc Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Tone and strengthen
  • OncologyChick
    OncologyChick Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    My main goal is a healthy bodyweight and...... complete the weight training programm Strong Curves
  • darnold87
    darnold87 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Lose the last 7lbs to get down to 165lbs. Work my way back to 175lbs while maintaining bf%. Keep up the good habits of logging food, staying active, and eating right.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    To keep movong forward and accept that i am in competition with myself everyday.
  • francesca_grey
    francesca_grey Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Last year my goal was to complete a 12 week weightlifting program and I loved it so I kept going. This year my goal is to log 300 hours of exercise. I was motivated by the 24 hours of exercise a month challenge on these boards so I am going to continue and aim for 25 hours a month.

I'd like to be able to progress to one armed pushups and 10 pull ups. Not sure how to set lifting goals yet, but handling my own body weight seems achievable so I will stick with these for now. I need to find a pull up bar somewhere so I can practice, I haven't tried since 7th grade!

Had to remind myself of the SMART acronym for goal setting:

Specific
    Measurable
    Achievable
    Relevant
    Time-based
  • kbk1335
    kbk1335 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Why not start weight training now? Believe me it's awesome and can help you retain muscle as you lose to shape your body and get stronger.

My goal is to get my pre-pregnancy body and strength back and more

Oh? I’ve been under the impression that I need to lose the fat first before building muscle?
  • kbk1335
    kbk1335 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    To be a fitness freak. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Wow got me there 👏🏼
  • Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    My main goal is to keep things up as they are, I am in maintenace :smiley:
    But to put some numbers to it
    Running >1,000 km
    At least one timed 10Km run
    At least one Urban Trail Run (also 10Km but not timed)
    I want to get to a long run of 15km as a normal run (currently 12)