50 lbs in 2020

Options
Hello, this is my mfp restart new years resolution. I am in my mid 50s, and have been doing mfp on and off for four years. I have lost nearly 50 lbs in the past, but then put it back on. I need help with consistancy! So I am looking for mfp friends in the 'same boat'.

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,218 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hugs! I lost 70 pounds several years ago using MFP, and mostly kept it off... but I need to recommit to re-lose about 15 of them. So, sorta in the same boat.

Welcome to MFP, @PGL2017!
  • Stephiesjourney
    Stephiesjourney Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I’m back today after gaining my wright back again! 30 lbs to lose....
  • gstory02
    gstory02 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in.
    Ambitious target, but keen to maintain some consistency to shift weight in a new decade.
  • edg6strings
    edg6strings Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I’ve got about 50 to lose as well, lost 80 about 7 yrs ago & have slowly gained 50 back. Feel free to add me!
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I lost 90 pounds 7 years ago. I haven't gained it all back, but most of it. Roght now I want to lose 40 pounds then go from there. We can do it!
  • Wjmu7
    Wjmu7 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! Used MFP for years and lost 60lbs. Since March of 2019 I packed 35. Let's lose this, guys! We are going to do it!!!!
  • Back_4_more
    Back_4_more Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Happens to the best of us. I was down over 65lbs and kept most of it off until last year. Not sure what triggered it but gained most if not more back (I quit weighing myself) and now trying to lose it gain. Down about 14 (from my highest before my 65lb loss) in the 6 weeks.
  • Alise1111
    Alise1111 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’ve got a good 30 to lose, too, and I’m my late 40’s. New year, new decade! We can do this! Be Healthy!
  • Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    This is my tribe! 13 years ago lost 70 pounds. Kept most off for about 8 years but the last 5 have piled it all back on. Looking to lose 50, this year as I turn 50. Hoping MFP will be a great tool along the way.