It's time for a change....time to put me first.

Options
The challenges of a stressful job situation, chasing 3 kids, dealing with 70+ old parents who need extra care and are getting ready to move out of their home, blah blah blah blah blah....all of this has pushed and pulled me to the point I have stopped taking care of myself. I am overweight, out of shape, and overall feel like crap! I have always been able to keep it together, exercise, and have been happy with me. It's not the case anymore, and I need a change. A change in mind, body and spirit.

A family member a few years younger than me committed to making health changes, and used myfitnesspal as a tool to put him on the right track. I am ready to check my "I don't need any help to get healthy" ego at the door, and do whatever I can to get "me" back. 45-50 pounds lighter, and with my "life tank" full.

I never thought that I would write this on a message board, or even use a web based product to help me in my health and fitness journey. I think this will be fun!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Stick to your goal numbers and you'll do great.:flowerforyou:
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend! I have a support group too if you're interested :)
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    You're taking the first step. Make some friends on here, support is very helpful!
  • julidav
    julidav Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we are so busy taking care of everyone else that we forget to take care of ourselves.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we are so busy taking care of everyone else that we forget to take care of ourselves.

This has me written all over it.
  • jdlivezey
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! I will take you up on your advice and finding "friends" in MyFitnessPal to walk with me on my journey
  • ruthkennedy
    ruthkennedy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!

This site and the people that use it are wonderful for keeping you going when you feel like giving up. The ability of others to put your life in perspective for you is a godsend especially when you feel like you're not getting anywhere or life is particularly stressful.

Feel free to friend me - I'm always greatful for the support of others and hope than I can offer the same help, support and listening ear to others.

Good luck
  • hbiffle
    hbiffle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! WTG for making the decision to put you first!!! This website provides so much support it is awesome!! Feel free to add me if you want!! I just recently started as well so maybe we can help each other through the process!