Hello, I want a fresh start

Options
lunalily22
lunalily22 Posts: 4 Member
edited January 2020 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone,

I'm not new to the app, but I've never used the forum before. So, hello.😊

A little about me: I'm unfortunately the type who makes a great start at something new, commits and sticks to it. However, somewhere along the way, I fall off the wagon. Instead of getting up and trying again, I give up. I lose the reason for doing it the first time I fail and I can't seem to recover the reason why I attempted in the first place, as I feel like all I'll do is fail.
This has affected me in multiple aspects of my life besides my weight.

I have 10 stone (140 lb) to lose before I can get down to a healthy weight. But I'm honestly terrified. I've never been at a healthy weight in all my teenage/adult years and I have no idea if it's honestly possible for me. In fact, I can't imagine it. Hence why I give up - yet I want/need it so badly. I want a fresh start and to take control of my life.

Although I've used the app in the past, you can probably guess that I've stopped several times to having given up on a goal. But with this new year, I want a new me that lasts longer than January or February.

How do I begin my journey and sustain it?
What helps you get back up and continue when you've fallen off you journey?

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Many have had to start again after giving up. There comes a time when everything just "clicks" and it works. It also depends on your expectations. Don't expect to be perfect and not make any mistakes. This is learning as you go. Get a digital food scale. Start weighing and measuring everything you eat and drink. Try to stay within your calorie goal everyday. Do a little exercising--even walking is good to start. Log it in and get more calories to eat that day. Take your measurements and keep a weekly journal. When you hit a stall, you can take out your tape measure and see how much you've lost. Read the stickies and the success stories to keep yourself going. Good luck.
  • Mstlaw78
    Mstlaw78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Reading your story, I can now see why a community is needed. Once we make the decision to take steps at bettering ourselves, the journey can get tough. It helps to have someone who is undertaking a similar journey (as we are all different, even if the endgame is the same). I've always thought, one day I'll lose some weight, one day I'll get in shape etc... And I start and stop. At this point I realize its time for me to be happier and healthier and I'm making the decision to take my life back. I know that its rough at times but being able to reach out and chat with someone who understands the struggles, I think will help one get through it. Someone to help you weather the storm because the reward for all involved is so much sweeter on the other side. I wish you many successes, you got this. You are already taking a different approach by reaching out here. And as I've said before changing one's mindset is the start of success on this journey!