Unexpected exercise issues thread

Options
Pupnuzz
Pupnuzz Posts: 203 Member
#1 Your phone being covered in dried out sweat after a workout and needing to be cleaned

#2 That tingle you get after hopping off an exercise bike as a male and all the blood can suddenly flow again 🤭😬😱

Now everyone else go! 🤣

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Well, wardrobe malfunction issues aren't a big deal for me since my gym is at home. No witnesses to me adjusting my pants either up or down, depending on where they crawl.

My biggest problem is my lifelong clumsiness, so walking into the end of the barbell or dropping a 25 lb plate on my foot are regular occurrences.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    My headphones getting sweaty (and slippery) from a workout because my ears won't adjust to the little earbud ones. They have to be cleaned after every workout. Not unexpected at this point, just annoying.
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    When I went to spin class I always felt like my *kitten* was broken after because of the uncomfortable seats.
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Surprise tooting
  • jlhalley7835
    jlhalley7835 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    AriesFL wrote: »
    Surprise tooting

Nothing is worse than showing up to leg day and after warming up catching the ole bubble guts.

Bluetooth Headphones die 5 minutes into a workout. I leave them in anyway so no one talks to me 🤣
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    I forgot to pack my sports bra the other day in my gym bag. Didn't want to use it as an excuse not to get my workout in. Lifting wasn't so bad, but bouncy elliptical action was a little awkward.
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Slipping down the hill and landing on my butt.

Screaming when a runner passes me in the woods

Screaming when a squirrel runs by

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

squirrels can be very intimidating.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I got a month-month gym membership, to use the treadmill while it's cold out. First 3 times I went it was great. After that I started getting what I can best describe as "sensory overload" and what I call anxiety attacks.

I couldn't stop noticing all the other peoples movements and the noises and my legs got shakey and I got dizzy and I started envisioning myself falling off the treadmill and cracking my head on the ground, or something. I went back, repeatedly, figuring desensitization is what I need, but no success.

Think I need horse blinders and noise cancelling headphones to be a gym-goer. Or maybe it's just not for me.
  • jpearson1289
    jpearson1289 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Going I confident then having an anxiety attack and crying in a corner

Having a bad day and trying hard but feeling like your completely uncoordinated
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Getting through 99% of my workout in a room by myself and suddenly the security guard comes through as part of their rounds. Typically during cool down, right when I'm bent over, facing away from the door.
  • Pupnuzz
    Options
    slessofme wrote: »
    Getting through 99% of my workout in a room by myself and suddenly the security guard comes through as part of their rounds. Typically during cool down, right when I'm bent over, facing away from the door.

Oh my! Is he/she hot though? 🤭
    Also, if they always come in at that time it's possible they are watching you on camera and timing it. Maybe you have an admirer!
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

squirrels can be very intimidating.

Pretty sure they are serial killers
  • jacktherower
    jacktherower Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    My nuts get stuck while I am rowing and I need to row with one hand and adjust the sack with the other
  • Pupnuzz
    Options
    My nuts get stuck while I am rowing and I need to row with one hand and adjust the sack with the other

Yowch! That's why you need gym buddies haha! 🤣🤣🤣
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Hearing aids, are not fond of getting wet. So I have been trying to find headbands, that are actually as moisture wicking as they say they are on the package. Hearing aid makes a high squealing alarm noise when gets wet. Which sort of freaked out some other people in one of the spinning classes.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Pupnuzz wrote: »
    slessofme wrote: »

Oh my! Is he/she hot though? 🤭
    Also, if they always come in at that time it's possible they are watching you on camera and timing it. Maybe you have an admirer!

It will be different people, and I wouldnt say I'm drawn to any of them. I have no doubt it is coincidental. Maybe they have a pool for the person that finds someone in distress and they all think that'll be me. 😊
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Once I was dancing to a song in between sets and twisted my ankle jumping off a bench. It was Uptown Funk.. "don't believe me just watch" ...and boom I did. Thankfully I workout at home, but still. :#
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Being blown over by a freak gust of wind while on a bike ride while people just watched it happen and didn't say or do anything. Just let me look like an idiot and pick myself up and pretend it didn't happen.. like a cat.
  • lyght1
    lyght1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I got a month-month gym membership, to use the treadmill while it's cold out. First 3 times I went it was great. After that I started getting what I can best describe as "sensory overload" and what I call anxiety attacks.

I couldn't stop noticing all the other peoples movements and the noises and my legs got shakey and I got dizzy and I started envisioning myself falling off the treadmill and cracking my head on the ground, or something. I went back, repeatedly, figuring desensitization is what I need, but no success.

Think I need horse blinders and noise cancelling headphones to be a gym-goer. Or maybe it's just not for me.

I know the feeling! I cannot seem to pay attention to my goals or keep motivated when people are around. My routine walk even got more complicated recently because my neighbors have gotten used to seeing me and are now saying hello when I go by. Crazy thing to be distracted by, right?