Anyone take Collagen peptides?

I've wanted to start taking collagen peptides for quite some time. Today at Walmart of all places we bought Purely Inspired collagen peptides powder. I want Orgain but they had this at a great price. Anyone else take any type of collagen peptides? Any thoughts overall of using it daily? I know not necessarily for losing weight but just overall good health.

Replies

• globetrotter0807
    globetrotter0807 Posts: 1 Member
    I’ve been taking vital peptides collegen protein for about 6 months. It mixes in my smoothie or coffee. Not sure if it’s doing any good.
  • OAS5
    OAS5 Posts: 374 Member
    I’ve been taking vital peptides collegen protein for about 6 months. It mixes in my smoothie or coffee. Not sure if it’s doing any good.

6 months and not sure if its doing anything is a bit disconcerting. Thanks for the info.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    I take several servings a day to up my protein. It’s not magic, it’s a supplement. If you’re getting enough protein through your regular diet, you likely won’t notice the difference.

It dissolves with no taste and no texture which makes it easy to add a serving (40 grams). I do like protein shakes, and think they’re yummy; but the peptides are easy to add to my other foods. Like hot cocoa or soup or baking recipes.
  • Goober1142
    Goober1142 Posts: 219 Member
    I've been mixing in my smoothie for a year. It absolutely helps my nails plus it's 10 grams of protein. I give it a thumbs up!
  • melissajkxoxo
    melissajkxoxo Posts: 35 Member
    I’ve been taking collagen powder for about 6 months before my wedding a break and I’m back on it. I notice it makes a big difference in my skin! My face just looks more clear all the time. Not getting the usual breakouts I use to.
  • lmew91
    lmew91 Posts: 88 Member
    I started with a cheaper brand from Sam's first, to see how I liked it and if I noticed any difference before committing more money. I noticed that my nails seemed to grow faster/stronger and my hair was growing pretty fast. Also a little clearer skin, though I've also improved my skin routine as I've gotten older so that is helping too. I now purchase Bowmar Nutrition collagen, and it seems to have a more prominent effect, although it is also a larger serving so that could be why. Great source of protein first thing in the morning with no taste, and mixes easily with my greens drink in just a shaker cup. Is it necessary? No, but a nice supplement.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Yes, been using a product for a few years now. Every day I put them into my espresso. While they're supposed to be tasteless and taste like 'nothing'... they do taste like 'something'. ;)

https://www.vitalproteins.com/collections/all