Intermittent Fasting

Options
Hey everyone!

I am trying to drop around 15-20lbs and hit a plateau. What is the right way to start intermittent fasting?

Replies

• twarmer1
    twarmer1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Slowly work your way into the right timing that works for you.
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,363 Member
    Options
    Be sure you are fueling your body correctly during your eating window; get enough macros and calories. As the previous poster suggested, start with a smaller window and gradually increase. Drink plenty of water.
  • fmfdfa2020
    fmfdfa2020 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert on it but what seems to work for me is to stop eating around 4 to 5pm and end my fast any time between 9am to 11am. I shoot for 16 hrs fasting but usually end up with 17 to 18 hrs (again because not hungry in the mornings). I'm trying to fast 3 to 4 days of the week. It's amazing how fast you get used to it and find that you are not focusing on food as much. My plan is called 16/8 - 16 hours fasting, 8 hour window of eating. I have never been able to or wanted to do a fast where you're going an entire day or days without eating, so this is really a great middle ground I think, especially since a lot of the time your are sleeping ;) . Good Luck!
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    When I did it, I worked my way into OMAD. I started with 16/8 (skipping breakfast), then stretched to 20/4 (snack for lunch plus dinner), then to just dinner.
  • SageJJ93
    SageJJ93 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I use the Zero app. Start with a 16/8 fast because its effective and easy. If you like it you can play around with times to fit your lifestyle, the app makes it so much easier. Good luck! 😁
  • xGreatWhiteNorthx
    xGreatWhiteNorthx Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Find what works for you.

If you're someone who needs to eat regularly through the day , more than an 8-10 hour fast may not work well for you.

I've never been a breakfast person and tend to snack at night after my kid goes to bed so for me, 14-16 hour fasts with my 8-10 hour window being from about 3-11 or 2-midnight works for me since that's when I'm naturally hungry.

I get my fuel in when I need it(I work evenings at a physical job) and if I want a snack when I get home or to kick back with a joint and some munchies when my kid is in bed I can do that and all I have to do make sure I manage my calorie intake through that 8-10 hr window so that I'm still at a deficit.