Looking for 10K peeps

Options
I started C25K in March and have since run in two 5Ks (one in July and one in August). I have signed up for my 1st 10K race on Sept 10, and I'm very nervous! Looking for some friends who are also working towards running a 10K or fairly new to running. As the weather turns to mush here in Oregon in a month or two, I may need some accountability partners to keep me going!

Replies

• fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I've completed the C25K last week and started the bridge to 10k program yesterday.
    Not sure where you are on your preparation for the 10k but if you liked the c25k the bridge is very similar.

Add me up if you want to share experiences.
  • Broken_
    Broken_ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my first 10k on the 10th of Sept as well..

I'm SO not prepared and I'm pretty intimidated.

Mine is in Southern Oregon... Same one?
  • chryciw
    chryciw Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I haven't done a specific program since finishing the C25K in July. Instead I have just been trying to increase my distance by 1/2mi to a mile every couple of weeks. I ran 6 miles for the first time on Monday, but I am super slow (although I did manage to run the whole way after a 5 minute walking warm up). In the next week and a half I'd like to increase my pace a little and practice on a couple of hills, since the trail where I run is very flat.

The race is in Dayton, which is outside McMinnville. Where's the southern Oregon race?
  • Broken_
    Broken_ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    The Southern Oregon race is in Phoenix... or Talent. hahaha Can't remember.
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I will be doing my first 10k on Oct. 1st.
  • chryciw
    chryciw Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Any other 10Kers out there? :)
  • erin6026
    erin6026 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my first 10k in October. Technically I've run that distance a number of times, but never in race format!

Question - when the training says "crosstrain" day, what specifically do they mean by that? Running with hills or something?