Keeping it simple

Happy New Year! Last year I really struggled with motivation. Thankfully I was able to continue to maintain my weight. But I kept giving myself too many goals and didn't meet any of them. I had a hard time sticking with any kind of plan and often felt terrible with myself for this. This year I just want to keep it simple. I have an upper weight limit that if I hit it, I will then have to work on losing. Other than that I just want to maintain my weight, exercise at least 3x a week (I'm not planning on following a program at this time), walk every day, and eat mindfully. I want to focus on loving myself and longevity. Is anyone else "planning" on telling it fairly simple?

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    Aside of maintaining my weight my goals are fitness-related. I saw a bullet journal and decided to try it and I'm awful at journaling! I just started some new cardio and yoga so on Sunday nights I make goals for the week with checkboxes for strength training, cardio, and yoga and check boxes off each day I do them. The one I saw had rewards for boxes checked but I'm still thinking on those, I'd rather hit larger amounts for a Fitbit and air fryer plus new clothes can't wait. I also have goals about increasing weights and stairs climbed on the stair treadmill both short and longterm.
  • kenthepainter2
    kenthepainter2 Posts: 58 Member
    My goal- I want my clothes to fit better , 2 holes on my belt to go !
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Thanks for all the replies! I have decided to add in some fitness based goals but they aren't aesthetic at all, which is where all my problems were coming from. I want to improve my push up and my chin up reps and maybe I'll go for a freestanding handstand (that was a goal from last year that I have up on).