Another restarter (Scotland)

Options
Hey,
I'll soon be 38 and have pretty much spent my entire life binge eating and yoyo dieting.

I know what I need to do to lose weight, but in the past I was my own worst enemy and was great at self sabotage.

Today is is fresh start with at least 7st to lose. My first goal is to shift 2.5st as that will take me down to the lightest I've been in around 5 years.

Also hope to learn to love exercise too.😬

Feel free to add me if you feel we could help each other on this journey. πŸ’–

Replies

• debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Start by finding what physical activity you like to do and doing more of it.

Where do you live in Scotland? I was lucky enough to spend three weeks in your beautiful country last year. It was the first time I actually lost weight while on vacation because of all the walking I did.
  • Nicola1944
    Nicola1944 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hello! Well, I haven't been on these forums for years. I'm 30, from England. Have previously lost 5 stone (probably about 7 years ago over the course of 2 years).

I'm 1.5 stone back up, feeling really really bad. Physically, mentally and emotionally.

I'm really struggling as have absolutely zero motivation to do it but know it needs to be done. I will add you, hopefully we can spur each other on! :) X
  • Nicola1944
    Nicola1944 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Also I should add, I was overweight before gaining back the 1.5 stone. x
  • Justin741
    Justin741 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar boat, yoyoing on my diet mainly going up and binge eating and I"m almost 38, going to add you. Anyone else fell free to as well
  • mwg_123
    mwg_123 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Almost at the end of day 2 and 100% on track πŸ‘